“Very good food and reasonable prices”
Review of Earl's On Top

Earl's On Top
Reserve with OpenTable
Earl's On Top is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 3,777 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Robson Street
New Jersey
“Very good food and reasonable prices”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had dinner and lunch at Earl's and both meals were very good. Prices weren't too bad considering. The restaurant had a nice atmosphere and wasn't noisy or overly crowded. They have an outdoor patio as well but we elected to dine indoors. Our waitress (same one both times) was very friendly and attentive.

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
“Terrific location and great food, just avoid the pizza..”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have already reviewed Earls in a seprate review, but I have also been to this location, on a few different occasions. I will often come here with my grandmother. Although it is located "on top," there is actually an elevator leading up to their restaurant right beside the entrance to London Drugs on the street level. It is great for my grandmother, because she uses a wheelchair and cannot get up stairs without assistance. The elevator leads up to their outdoor patio and it looks like a lovely place to eat in the summer or on a nice sunny day. Anyway, on to my review.

I've eaten here on many different occasions. I have had their fig jam chicken with brie sandwich and found the taste of it delicious. Although, I would ask for the fig jam on the side next time, as it is quite sweet and I would have preferred just a hint of sweetness. On my most recent visit, however, I ordered a margarita pizza and a side salad. I have always loved their house salad. It is hands down the best house salad I have ever ordered in a restaurant. A harmonious blend of feta cheese, organic greens, julienne apples, candied pecans, and apple cider vinaigrette makes it taste divine. It is simply delicious and you should definitely order it. Earls can also do a half salad/half fries if you are craving some fries with your meal too and there is no additional charge for this request.

Now let me discuss their pizza. It is the worst pizza I think I've ever had. They need to go back to the drawing board for this one. It is greasy, and the crust is always soggy. I ordered a margarita pizza and the crust of it was so soggy I couldn't even eat it without feeling grossed out. A thin crust italian style pizza shouldn't be soggy, it should have a delicate crispness to it. This one did not. It tasted like the bottom of it had been drenched with water and the consistency was similar to a cracker floating in water. They did offer to make me a new one, and I was hesitant, but they said it would be better, so I agreed to wait for a new one. The new one was a little better, but was still soggy on the bottom of the crust. What a disappointment. In the end, the manager of this location comped the pizza, which was very much appreciated, but I still think a stern warning should be issued to pizza lovers everywhere to avoid this catastrophe at all costs! It was a shame that the pizza was awful, but the rest of the food that I've tried at this location has been delicious and I can still whole heartedly recommend this location. They are committed to customer service and will ensure that you are satisfied with your meal at all costs.

I would still highly recommend Earls. Just don't order their pizza..

• Visited May 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice location, decent food.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ate here twice last week and it didn't disappoint.
Excellent ribs and potato salad to die for.
The usual friendly staff and a great range of beers on draught.

Didn't have to wait even though we were a party of 6, so not as full as I've seen it on previous trips.

Don't be put off by the location, above a chemist/supermarket, and its on Robson so quite well located.

• Visited June 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner there - the food was amazing and the service was great. Very friendly staff and their while peach bellini's are to die for!

Visited June 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great meal and atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Sat on rooftop patio on lovely night. They don't take reservations on the weekend, but we ate early and had no problem. They have lots of seating both inside and out. The outdoor heaters are effective. Also large tv near us without sound on--nice. Food excellent. Good beer selection. Husband has food allergies and they were very helpful. Host and waitstaff superb. Recommended to us by a local. Very nice evening!

• Visited June 2013