“awful service, mediocre food”

No photo provided
Cuisines: International
Neighborhood: West End
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This morning I ate at the Creekside Restaurant for breakfast since it's attached to the hotel where I'm staying. The service was terrible. I had to wait to be seated, wait to have my order taken, wait for the breakfast to come, and wait for the bill--over an hour of waiting. Meanwhile, the waitress was flirting with men at another table. The food was mediocre and expensive and not worth the wait.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had breakfast and evening meal here as well as an evening in the bar

Food was fresh, we arrived late due to plane problems even though the restaurant was closing. We were allowed to order even though it was closing. Good customer service re 10 plus hour travelling

The barman Jim is a gent! Very knowledgeable and friendly and gave right advice to try the Canadian dark beer!

We also had breakfast here one morning and it was lovely re the eggs benedict and the service from the waitress was excellent

Enjoyed it

2  Thank A.MACCA
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The selection was very good and the prices excellent. The service was slow since only one server for the whole restaurant and bar area. The manager helped out where possible. The food was worth waiting for. My selection of Yorkshire Pudding came out as the Strip Steak. Never having Yorkshire Pudding, I questioned if it was Yorkshire Pudding since some of the ingredients seemed similar. The server said it was Yorkshire Pudding. When time to pay the bill, I questioned the higher amount showing for Strip Steak -- so apparently it was not Yorkshire Pudding. It had to be the best Strip Steak I've ever had with very fresh and well-prepared veggies. I was willing to pay the higher price, but the manager cut the bill in half because of the error. I loved my selection so much, I got it again another evening there. Many in our group were eating there and were pleased with all of their selections. I would highly recommend Creekside but be prepared to wait a bit.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

2 burgers took way too long, despite the restaurant being almost empty. Meal was fine, but by the time it arrived we didn't care.

1  Thank Lana H
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Loved the service...smiles were abundant. Chicken and Mushroom Penne Pasta was delicious at dinner and at breakfast the pancakes were really tasty with whipped butter.