“FANTASTIC seafood”

Coast Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 3,562 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central
Cross street: Alberni Street between Thurlow and Burrard
Transit: 5 minutes away from Burrard Street Sky Train Station
Description: Coast is where seafood –fresh British Columbia seafood – dazzles! The freshest fish, succulent shellfish and the most colossal seafood towers are here, with the rarest, perfectly prepared oysters nestled in beds of ice, waiting for you. This is BC’s best seafood, and offers true west-coast dining, flashy and fun for every mood and every occasion.
Reviewed July 20, 2016

The restaurant is amazing. Very comfortable even though the tables are a little close to one another. the waiter we had was from Brazil and he was so wonderful and friendly. Oysters wee the best I have ever had and the halibut was outstanding. A must go to place if you are in Vancouver.

2  Thank mycomments25
Write a reviewReviews (2,178)

Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

This place is amazing. We went all out and tried a dozen oysters and ordered a large seafood platter. So fresh!

For dessert the chocolate was melt in your mouth divine.

3  Thank PhoebeNJ
Reviewed July 14, 2016

I came here recently for their happy hour. First, I would say their happy hour is shorter time duration than other restaurants. Second, my server seemed kind of unhappy or mean - just not really pleased with us or something - and we are very nice people! Third, they only have one type of oyster for happy hour, and it's $1.50, not buck a shuck. Fourth I didn't like the oysters and their selection of mignonettes or sauces was limited. Fifth I also had their sushi which was unimpressive and not very tasty. In general, I probably wouldn't come back here for the happy hour menu. I did also recently go for dinner though, which is moderately better. Their lobster pot pie is delicious with a generous amount of lobster, but it also had too many root vegetables and not enough crust, so it wasn't very good value for the high price tag. I wouldn't recommend it, and I'd likely not return.

Reviewed July 13, 2016

There were 2 of us and both would rate overall experience as a 4
Great wine list attentive service and above average food

1  Thank Marcus705
Reviewed July 13, 2016

The carafe of Chablis was bad, hazy and had not been stored correctly or was old. I then noticed a huge crack in the shaft of the glass carafe. I let them know and they then returned with just a glass each of Chablis. The one poured for my partner was from the previous bottle, undrinkable, and mine was from a freshly opened bottle. That was the fifth and last time, will never go back!

Date of visit: July 2016
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Coast Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2016

Hi Karran. Thank you for recently joining us and letting us know about your experience. I’m so sorry to hear about what took place during your evening. Please know that I have passed this feedback on to the team so that it can be immediately addressed. Please email marketing@glowbalgroup.com with your TripAdvisor username with any additional comments and we’ll be in touch right away. Thank you.