“PEI Hamburger & Fries”
Review of Coast Restaurant

Coast Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Coast Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 3,808 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Alberni Street between Thurlow and Burrard
Transit: 5 minutes away from Burrard Street Sky Train Station
Description: Coast is where seafood –fresh British Columbia seafood – dazzles! The freshest fish, succulent shellfish and the most colossal seafood towers are here, with the rarest, perfectly prepared oysters nestled in beds of ice, waiting for you. This is BC’s best seafood, and offers true west-coast dining, flashy and fun for every mood and every occasion.
Vancouver, Canada
“PEI Hamburger & Fries”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

For a downtown restaurant, we found the food very disappointing.
The hamburgers were dried out & only "white" buns were available.
When "asked how was the food" we expressed our disappointment to the waiter & he brought us a complimentary dessert .
Maybe it was a one off day for hamburgers.

• Visited March 2013
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Coast Restaurant, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi there. I'm very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal. I'm glad you had a chance to speak with your server - feedback is always appreciated! If you have any further comments, we would be happy to follow up. Please feel free to email us at marketing@glowbalgroup.com and we will be in touch. Cheers!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Return Visit”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

In my humble opinion, this is the best seafood AND sushi restaurant in Canada, let alone Vancouver. Imaginative renderings of uber-fresh fish, tasty, protein-chocked (meaning fish) chowders and truly creative sushi, sashimi and rolls. Sushi are best ordered at the counter when the head sushi master presides. Compliment him and you'll get freebies to sample....and not only those on the menu, but also his creations in progress. The venue itself is lovely. It is modern and airy and looks very expensive, but the food is reasonably priced. Coast is my first stop after I deboard the plane in Vancouver.

Visited September 2012
Great to hear! Thank you very much for making us a part of your visits to Vancouver. We look forward to welcoming you back for more sushi when you are next in town.
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Seafood a plenty top notch service & wine list”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Each year we celebrate our girlfriends birthday at Coast on Alberni. This year was exceptionally good. Everything is so fresh and the serice is beyond reproach. I highly recommend the dynamite roll, crab cakes, fresh apple slaw salad, chicken dinner with lentils, pretty much everything was outstanding. Fantastic wine list as well.

• Visited January 2013
Great pictures! Thank you for celebrating every year with us - we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Santa Monica, California
“Great seafood, great service”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

To me, there's always something a little awkward about dining alone in a nice restaurant, and so although I'm a foodie, my solo dining tends to be takeout. How fortunate I was that on this trip up from Texas, I paid my first visit to Coast.

The food was marvelous, but it was my server Edwina who really made my experience stand out. Her patience, attentiveness, and knowledge of the menu were invaluable - my entire meal, in fact, was built from her recommendations - and it's that caliber of service that guarantees that my first visit to Cost will certainly not be my last.

I began with nigiri sushi (the Beni Sake was particularly memorable), then moved to buttery, tender Sable Fish on a bed of creamy delicious farro and mushrooms. At my server's recommendation I added a side of their crispy brussels sprouts, sinfully delicious with perfect caramelization and the tang of parmesan. I didn't even look at the dessert menu, and instead just asked Edwina to bring me her choice - which turned out to be a cup of Earl Grey tea, and a hot banana coconut cake that should make all other banana coconut desserts weep at their own inadequacy.

Go, now, to Coast, and be delighted.

• Visited February 2013
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Coast Restaurant, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Excellent to hear! Agreed - that Coconut Banana Butter Cake is delicious! Thank you for joining us and we look forward to seeing you again when you next visit Vancouver.
Chicago, Illinois
“Great sushi and seafood”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was our first dinner on our honeymoon, and they sat us on the 2nd floor overlooking the bar. Very friendly staff, even gave us a champagne toast and free dessert! We ordered oysters and sushi - all of it was fantastic. Maybe a little pricey, but definitely worth it.

Visited February 2013
Congratulations! Thank you for making us a part of your special celebration!