“Always good”

Cardero's Restaurant & Live Bait Marine Pub
Ranked #26 of 3,951 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Cardero’s Restaurant in Coal Harbour offers spectacular waterfront dining right in the marina. Enjoy tasty wok dishes to share, fresh seafood, an extensive wine list, and much more. You can dine and watch as their talented kitchen team prepares your food from their open kitchen. The Live Bait Marine Pub features live music Sunday through Thursday from 9:00pm, a great place to grab a bite and pint and enjoy some tunes with friends!
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Great food and gorgeous location (on the sea walk on the harbour). Cardero's is always a good time. Good value for your money.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,545)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I went with a coworker when we were in Vancouver for business.. Her meal was good mine was a flop...I order the Seared Tuna and it came to the table so over cooked it looked like a chicken. it was horrible... the server finally came back to see how we were doing and he took my meal away...he returned wit a fresh meal this one was still over cooked on a ice cold plate and the plat was wet from the vegies .. i are the bread and vegies and drank the wine... i did not eat the tuna...the sever charged me for the meal but gave me a glass of wine to make up for the trouble...i did not make a fuss because I was with a coworker and in the big scheme of things there is always another place.

Sequoia R, Customer Service Coordinator at Cardero's Restaurant & Live Bait Marine Pub, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your recent feedback. Please accept my apology on behalf of everyone at Cardero's Restaurant. I am disappointed to hear of your unsatisfactory visit.

We appreciate you giving us your time in communicating your experience. Certainly our objective is to keep you as a customer, and we are acting on your comments. Your feedback has been forwarded to Cardero's management and kitchen team and one of our managers will be following up with you shortly.

Is there a contact number that one of our managers can reach you at? We would like the opportunity to right this situation and keep you as a customer.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.

Best Regards,

Adele Holgate
Customer Service Coordinator I Sequoia Company of Restaurants
e: feedback@vancouverdine.com

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Recommended by hotel concierge, this is a casual eatery with excellent seafood (plus a few other dishes as well). Portions are enormous, both on appetizers and entrees, so don't overorder.

We tried apps of har gow, fried oysters, oysters on half-shell, and some type of spicy squid dish, all of which were excellent. Our mains included halibut, salmon, and two other fish dishes, all of which were simply wonderful. Presentation is simple, but emphasis here is on taste. We'd definitely eat here again on our next visit. Be warned, however, that noise level is relatively high inside the restaurant.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We recently choice Cardero's for a lunch meal with cousins who had just arrived from Holland. I wanted to give them a true west coast experience from the atmosphere and view, to the food and ambience. Cardero's did not disappoint. We were promptly seated in a generous booth with a clear view of the marina, inlet and distant Stanley Park. Our visitors very much appreciated the chance to sample fresh local seafood as a wide array is readily available here. The fresh spring salmon was fabulous, and the scallops, with the amazing sauce, turned out to be a delectable treat. With only farm salmon available in Holland, they were duly impressed! My cedar plank salmon was outstanding! We enjoyed a lovely bottle of white wine from the Okanagan to complement our meal. Service was excellent. I could not have asked for anything better so show off the splendor of what Vancouver has to offer in terms of good restaurants and food. Thank you Cardero’s!

1  Thank dutchgirl54
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went there with friends and I am amazed at the quality of the food. Humus was right on the dot, the steak / halibut were just to kill for.

Presentation is highly trimmed / standardized, no creativity on that front, but clean and interesting, brought the flavor to my nostrils as if it was targeting them.

The choice of wine is reasonable and pretty much all their food goes spotless with the Ripasso (Tomassi family).

Remarkable and friendly service, not a single mistake. Spotless.