“Yaletown is the new Gastown”

Brix & Mortar Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 3,732 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Davie Street
Transit: Skytrain - Canada Line Yaletown stop is 1/2 block from Brix
Description: A Yaletown icon for 15+ years, Brix Restaurant has said goodbye to its downstairs cocktail lounge, George, and brought the newly renovated space together with Brix under one roof and one new name - Brix & Mortar. With the new concept comes a refreshed food and beverage program-including 60+ wines by the glass-offered with the same on-point service, starting at 5:00 pm daily. The new menu features modern Canadian cuisine with subtle French, Italian and Asian influences and locally sourced ingredients. Accessible from both Homer and Hamilton St., Brix & Mortar offers 228 seats, with 80 situated over two outdoor patios, including the iconic outdoor courtyard-a favourite for hosted events and weddings. The downstairs space has undergone an exciting redesign, creating a fine-dining room suitable for any occasion or appetite.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yaletown is the new Gastown”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My gf & I decided to stoll into Yaletown for dinner last night. We stumbled upon Brix. Brix has been a staple restaurant in Vancouver for years but have only been there recently for a Wedding. We entered in through the beautifully charming & romantic courtyard around 9 pm to find a nice relaxing type vibe & easy, upbeat LIVE music playing. We were greated very pleasantly right away & even tho reservations are recomended they werent nessary. We were seated out in the courtyard with the live music. I just have to say what a wonderful time we had! From the food to the service, start to finsh! Our server was
professionally relaxed & funny.
& to top it off the wine was 30% off!!! (Mondays) You must go & enjoy this city GEM!!!
Have the mussels, soooo good!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank cocktale

• Korean first
Great Falls, Virginia
“Delightful Small Plates”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Thorough enjoyed an evening at Brix. Had four different small plates plus shared a dessert and each was better than the one before. Server was very helpful and knowledgable about the wine list. I'd recommend it to any visitor. Full of locals, too.

Palm Beach, FL
“Delicious food, great service”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Creative, delicious food in a fun and lively atmosphere. The blood orange margarita was yummy, I wish I could have tried all the interesting looking cocktails! The mussels were the freshest, most tender and delicious I have ever tried.

Visited March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“I fully recommend Brix.”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I usually never post or rarely post reviews but this I had to share with the foodie / google community. Brix Restaurant & Wine Bar is a must for your SPECIAL OCCASION. My project: Sister's 30th Birthday. Patrick who facilitated and guided my plans from start to finish was amazing. From first call to last touches he's A+. I have never had someone care this much in the food and beverage industry. He knows what to do and how to do it and in sequence. Tanya who covered for Patrick shortly did a very great job as well. She deserves her own kudos. I had a party of 14 which all got seated in a timely fashion. My party included 2 tots which usually are well behaved and they didn't make them or parents feel unwelcome a real plus. The ordering went smoothly with Tanya. All the little things were well taken care of like a well orchestrated symphony. Jackets, Cake, Cutting of the cake you name it, it was done. Food speaks for its self. Kurabota Porkchop in Brine amazing. Pickled Beet Salad same. I can't recommend Brix enough on this review. Will return soon!

• Visited March 2014
Powell River, Canada
“Our second visit, and still impressive”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Surprised to find ourselves back here, the kids booked it! Glad we came back. Had atrium seats on our first visit, had a nice quiet corner seats for this visit. It's been a couple years, a few new items on the menu. Glad that the quality of the food was still excellent. Our group of five ech had a different entre, all of us were very happy with pur choices. Why not a five star rating? Service was very good, a few lengthy gaps though. Didn't have the wow factor, was not impressed that, what I assume was the maitre d' came by , poured us more wine but didn't introduce himself or say anything. sorry find that odd.

• Visited March 2014