“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bishop's

Bishop's
Reserve with OpenTable
Bishop's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 3,705 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Cross street: Yew Street
Description: Delicious contemporary local cuisine made with fresh local ingredients. The well prepared dishes and intimate atmosphere will leave you with a dining experience not to be forgotten.
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've been to this restaurant in the Kitsilano neighborhood after having read the reviews on tripadvisor. The first thought that came to mind after dinner was that I wanted to thank them all for the exquisite food and the great night I had. The experience has been simply great for many reasons. First, it accepts booking via opentable, which makes life easier. Second, the restaurant is small and cozy. Despite being elegant, it keeps an intimate and familiar atmosphere which makes your dinner even more enjoyable. Third, the food is superb. I had salmon, and enjoyed it till the very last bite. Despite I didn't order any starter or dessert, they served me a small soup to start with and a small ice cream at the end of the dinner: very kind and delicious. Fourth, excellent wine list, with some very good half bottles. Fifth, the owner comes through the tables to make sure everything is going all right, which makes you feel like a special guest. Sixth, last but not least, the service is fantastic. Waiters are attentive but not intrusive. They are friendly but at the same time very professional. All in all, it is a wonderful experience, so much so that I decided to get back the following evening of my short stay in Vancouver (though I had to cancel the booking for unexpected reasons). Simply wonderful: go there and you won't regret it. I wish I could live in Vancouver to there as often as I could.

2 Thank Giovanni C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Temecula, California
“beyond expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went to Bishop's primarily because of the reviews. And I am so glad I did!! The food was just fabulous and the service was impeccable!! I would go again and again in a heartbeat!!

1 Thank hungryw0rldtraveler
Vancouver, Canada
“Beautiful meal with attentive service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had forgotten about this gem until recently. The food is local, creative and delicious. Wonderful old-fashioned service (in a good way), and intimate atmosphere. Bishop is always there attending to guests. It is clear why this restaurant has remained so popular for so many years.

• Visited May 2013
Kimberly, Wisconsin
“WOW!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Fanastic experience all around.

Great location and ambiance.

We started with the beet salsd which was excellemt.

For entres we had the salmon and cod.

Both were fresh, cooked perfectly. Lite and flakey.

The owner is on the floor which adds a nice touch.

5 stars all around.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Exceeded Expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Bishop's was recommended by everyone we know who had ever been to Vancouver, so we had to go. We had a lovely table in the upper part of the restaurant and it was a delicious dinner!

My beet salad was exquisite - tasty, beautifully presented, fresh and original. Hubby had the grilled Octopus and was astounded by how good it was. I had the BC Ling Cod as an entree - it was perfectly prepared, and surrounded by an array of fresh, beautiful vegetables. Hubby had the Salmon - and loved it. For dessert he had chocolate cheesecake and I had carrot cake. They were just the right sized portions, and were fabulous!

All in all, it was a remarkably wonderful restaurant that lived up to the hype. We noticed that most of the people there were on a first-name basis with a man we surmised was the owner. That was nice. He didn't talk to us, and that was fine - we aren't regulars. Such is life. But I liked that such a well known, fabulous restaurant had the feel of a neighborhood cafe.

If you can, definitely go!

Visited July 2013