“Cool place”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cool place”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I love the food, but really enjoy the atmosphere. The loud music, dark lights always make for quite a sexy vibe. This is a great place to take a visitor to the city, every time I take someone who hasn't been here yet, they love it. Some people may find the music quite loud, but I think of the atmosphere more like a bar with great original food. I come here every time I visit my hometown.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Lea B

canada
“disappointing”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The quality of food and service has decline here and I agree with others that the food prices are far too high for what you get. If the food was consistently awesome and the staff were professionals I would probably be coaxed into spending more at this joint but everything has gone downhill in the past two years. The food used to have subtle and interesting flavours and now everything is too heavily seasoned with butter and salt. I find a lot of the dishes too rich. I had a salad with coriander seed that was inedible. The only thing worth ordering is the beef wellington and a glass of wine then head somewhere else for a real meal.

• Visited November 2010
1 Thank googlywoogly
Vancouver BC
“what happened to client recognition?”
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I've been a regular customer at both Bins for about 8 years now. I used to go to Bin 941 at least once a week a few years ago when I lived in the area, then for the past 1 1/2 years have been a regular at Bin 942. We kept returning to 941 because a)service was awesome, and the staff recognized us and treated us great, and b) food was unreal utilizing fresh local ingredients (far before most other restaurants did in Vancouver).

We started regularly going to Bin 942 about 1 1/2 years ago when we moved in to the area. The staff that was there in the beginning are no longer there, which is a crying shame. Not only has consistency gone down a bit for food seasoning (some times we come and the food is prepped far too salty or ingredients aren't consistently blended or mixed), the servers act like every time we go there it's our first time. Up until about 2 months ago we were there probably once every week or two, but have stopped because of these reasons.

Now there's a "chefs table" which you can reserve. I had to read about that from Scout Magazine...and didn't hear about it from the servers. You'd think they'd recognize us from being in there so much and would have let us know about that, but no.

A big part of Bin's charm is that you feel like part of a family, and are appreciated for returning over and over again. Yes, the food is good, but there are a lot of great restaurants in Vancouver. Gord Martin needs to keep a bit more on top of his staff I think, and not just food.

I would still recommend going to Bin because the food is still fantastic and utilizes local organic ingredients, but I have mixed feelings about returning over and over again. It used to be my go-to favourite haunt, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Vancouver, Canada
“Very tasty food, very crowded feeling..tables wayyyyyy too close together”
Reviewed April 9, 2009

Very tasty food, very crowded feeling..tables wayyyyyy too close together

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love the "shoe string...”
Reviewed November 11, 2008

I love the "shoe string pomme frites"

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook