“One of THE BEST”
Review of Loden Hotel

Loden Hotel
Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed October 17, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights at the Loden and were quite satisfied. Room was modern, as the hotel was only one year old. Service was superb, we were offered help with bags, but declined since we could manage on our own. We also thought we lost our camera at one of the restaurants that we went to, and they offered to call them for us since we were heading to Seattle that day. They informed us on our cell phone later on to tell us the whereabouts of it! Great service.

Had breakfast in Voya, their restaurant. Very pricey, but very very exquisite! Had their french toast (which was out of the world) and their big breakfast (at $17!!), but was one of the yummiest one ever. We just didnt want to go anywhere as it was a Sunday and were preparing to go to a wedding after that.

Amenities were nice. We appreciated the office offered. We could use their computer, internet access, and printer as well. We got directions to places we went there. There's an Enterprise around the corner, but we opted to rent our car elsewhere.

Neighbourhood is what I appreciated most. It's in a very quiet and residential area, very removed from downtown core. But there's still coffee shops and sushi places around. Though they dont open on weekends because they still cater to the working crowd.

Also beware that in weekends, their lounge/restuarant (Voya) is packed. It means they're doing a great job, but towards the end of the night, it also gets quite raudy.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Loden Hotel

Reviewed October 13, 2009

Fantastic rooms. Chic and compact with lots of nice amenities. Great location in downtown Vancouver. Great bar area and restaurant. Staff are friendly and helpful. Stay here!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Over the top ambiance, amenities and staff. Four Star, but felt like "Five". Loved the thick robes, slippers, contemporary decor and luxurious feel. Exceded our expectations for the cost. Will recommend to all of our friends and families visiting Vancouver.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2009

The hotel is relatively new so there are a few kinks that still need to be worked out...the disconnect on rates among the website, the reservation desk, and the front desk was extremely irritating - initially booked online 2 months out, 3 weeks before, I checked rates on line and they were cheaper. I called the reservation line to have them switch me to the new rate, they transferred me to the front desk, the front desk couldn't find the rate, and so on and so on. I spent about 20 minutes going around in circles on this. Was finally assured the online rate. But when I checked out, they had me at a higher rate than either of the ones I had booked!!! They definintely need to pull it together. Also, on arrival, upon inquiring about the possibility of rain, one of the front desk staff quipped that if we wanted nice weather "we should have stayed in San Francisco"!!! Other than those issues, as far as the hotel itself, I liked the spa like boutique-y feel, the bath products were spectacular, the bed was very comfortable, and the 2x day room service was spoiling! I may try somewhere else the next time though - possibly the Shangra La.

One other thing is - why charge $20/day for wireless internet. Seems like a silly nickle and diming on a $300+ room

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Its a modern hotel, close to everything. The staff was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2009

The facility is beautiful. I upgraded to a Park View room and had walls of windows on 2 sides. Very chic furnishings. The bathroom was incredible. Deep soaking tub, large separate shower, large separate commode with glass doors that opened in either direction Everything was very nice.

What truly set this hotel apart was it's customer service. I checked in after a cruise with my 2 suitcases and after the woman at the desk had registered me, and reserved a ferry trip for me to Vancouver, she came from behind the desk, took one of my suitcases and went up the elevator with me to my room and showed me around. How nice!

Staff was always helpful and unfailingly eager to please. I ordered room service breakfast one morning and the woman who brought it asked how I had slept. I answered that not too well, since my alarm went off (I had intended to sleep in) and then after falling back to sleep, the doorbell had rung. (no tacky pounding on your door here). She apologized immediately and I quickly reassured her, that it was not her fault. I didn't set the alarm correctly, and I didn't turn on the privacy light. She said she would let the front desk know. I told her again that it was my own fault, not the hotel. She left and I ate my excellent breakfast (free range scrambled eggs -bright yellow, hotel cured bacon, fresh sqeezed grapefruit juice, and a pot of coffee, then went out for the day. when I returned there was a lovely plate of a half dozen very gourmet chocolates resting in a bed of cocoa nibs with a note of apology directed to me by name. And it wasn't even their fault!!

That is just one example. They helped me with anything I needed help with, and with the most wonderful attitude.

They also had a FREE computer with internet - a pleasant change after paying $.75/minute on my cruise ship! They also had a MAC room that I just peeked into. I had brought some DVDs and they brought a player to my room for me.

Just wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Penstar
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We were very impressed with this hotel from the minute we arrived and were greeted by the valet. Then when we entered the lobby, wow! Very stylish décor. The front desk staff were simply awesome and genuinely friendly. Service was all around excellent. The room was another wow! Impressive, stylish décor, huge bathroom, tons of closet space, and the bed and linens were the best we have had in a long time. All of the staff always greeted us by name, even the housekeeper! Excellent views of the city and waterfront. While we didn’t get a chance to dine in the restaurant, the bar and restaurant looked very impressive. Location is excellent, within easy walking distance to shopping and site seeing. We never used our car or a taxi. Didn’t need it. This place has it’s act together and is truly a gem in Vancouver. Highly recommended. Our teenager wants to move into the hotel as a permanent guest.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family