“Beautiful New Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle, WA
“Beautiful New Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2009

My boyfriend booked a lovely room on the 9th floor for our valentines weekend in Vancouver. The website makes it look nice, but I don't think they really do it justice. Our room was on the corner and had a great urban view of the surrounding towers. The decor was modern, refined, and luxurious. The bathroom was especially nice, and very romantic. And the hotel's staff was friendly and welcoming. The location is nice, a quiet and safe area within walking distance to hipper shopping and nightlife, or business districts with ample parking on and off street.

Stayed February 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2009

This hotel was amazing!!! The vibe was awesome. Very hip, very classy.....service was amazing. Rooms were just as cool. High end bed linens, HUGE tubs, IPOD docking station. floor to ceiling windows....just fabulous. I would say this was one of the best hotels that I have stayed in.

The lobby and valet were also fantastic...gorgeous property!

I am a frequent traveler, who has stayed at the Opus in Vancouver, the W in Scottsdale/Seattle, Westin's, Pan Pacific, Ivy in San Diego...this one was the best hotel out of all of the above.

Awesome place!! If you are going to Vancouver you will love this place...oh, and the location is perfect. Walking distance to Robson Street, and close to everything!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rachel1020
Seattle, Wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2009

What a treat!!! Booked the Loden on hotels.com for an overnight trip to BC. We went to celebrate a birthday. Everything about this hotel is terrific. The staff is warm and welcoming, the rooms are beautiful and super clean. They even sent a neat little plate of chocolates to the room for the birthday girl. They drove us to our evening dinner spot and gave us a great reccomendation for breakfast..........which they also drove us to. Definitely would stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Kubird
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2009

This is by far the best hotel in Vancouver. It is only a few blocks from Robson street and is nicely tucked away on a great little side street. The rooms are absolutely inspiring. I will never stay anywhere else. The staff are very accomodating and everything is top notch. Floor to ceiling windows, great restaurant downstairs (secret spot for celebrity watching). The Loden is sure to exceed your expectations

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Noodles28
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2009

I decided to stay at the loden as I had heard it was run by the same person who ran the Opus before it tripled in price. It looked great and very modern which is always a plus when your travelling for work. It was odd as two days after I booked the hotel there was a story in the travel section in the ottawa citizen about the hotel. Now on to the actual experience.

When I got to the hotel they were very quick with checking me in and took me up to the room to show me all the features. It was great to have someone show you rather then figuring out some of the nice touches of the room on my own. Now onto the room itself

The room is very modern looking with a nice big LCD tv and a nice view. The bed was comfy and made me never want to actually get out of it. I liked the slippers they included to walk around in but they kept leaving them on the opposite side from where I slept. By far the nicest part of this room though is the fact that the wall between the washroom and the main room can be moved. You can move it so you get a much more open feel which is something I have never had before in a hotel. They also had a speaker for the tv in the washroom which I have had before but is a nice touch. The shower and the tub were amazing as I have come to expect at these modern hotels. Another nice feature was being able to put the do not disturb notice on with a button rather then a really ugly sign. I always think it looks terrible when you are paying 400 a night for a hotel room and you have to stick a sign on your door know. Well at this hotel they have an electronic version and a door bell on the outside rather then just having to knock.

Now about the area this hotel is in. This hotel is about 4 blocks from cole harbour which is beautiful and I spent a lot of free time sitting down there working on my laptop. Also your close enough to be able to walk to robson street and shop but far enough away that it is quiet at night.

The only two problems I had were the super long time it took to get my car from the valet parking. I came down and there were no one else in the lobby waiting for their car and even though I had called down to get my car I ended up waiting almost 20 mins for my car which is crazy for a high end hotel but still a minor problem. The only other problem was not being upgraded to a better room even though their policy is if you find a better price then on their website you get that. Well I was told there were no rooms available after the fact even though their seem to be very few people in the hotel and even heard staff say that.

• Liked — The room and staff
  • Disliked — management that didn't do what their policy says they should
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
L.A., CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2009

When we booked the Loden, we thought it looked too good to be true, but the experience far exceeded our expectations. An intimate, friendly boutique hotel with great amenities. The staff always greeted us by name and seemed to anticipate our every need. Lots of great little touches, like calling up to our room shortly after check-in to make sure everything was okay, to sending us a towncar for a trip to the spa. They were friendly but not intrusive. Decor was modern, yet warm, and the room, while certainly not large, used every bit of space perfectly. Storage space galore, and the sliding panel to open the bathroom to the main area was genius. Our only complaint about the room was the bathroom sink, which was designed to maximize splashing. A minor gripe, though. Nice little touches abounded: an electronic privacy/maid service button, the inclusion of a clothes steamer, top notch glasses, great towels, television speaker in the bathroom, and full AV hookups for computers and peripherals. We almost didn't want to leave our room because it was so comfortable and luxurious. To top it all off, our room was less than $150 USD a night--the hotel would have been a steal at twice the price. Highly recommended.

• Liked — Impeccable service and attention to detail
  • Disliked — Stiff valet parking fee, splash-prone bathroom sinks
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kels246
Barrie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2009

This is an amazing new hotel in Vancouver. I would totally stay there again on my next trip without question. The service is exceptional and very personal. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. The restaurant is fantastic; breakfast is a little pricey but worth it as everything is so original and delicious. They even have a cool refurbished London taxi that they use for complementary car service. All in all a very cool hotel!!

• Stayed January 2009