“Great stay”

Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Singapore, Singapore
“Great stay”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Great 3-night stay at this boutique hotel. Went with a corner room - i was given one which faced other buildings so no view to speak of. But the room was a decent size, with Molton Brown amenities. Good service, the complimentary London cab made travelling within the city very convenient. Also, good food at the French bistro located within hotel. Would stay again if visiting Vancouver and would recommend to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed at The Loden Hotel last September for a quick get away with my husband. Of course, prior to deciding on staying at this hotel, I did my research and ultimately decided to book a room here after reading all the wonderful reviews that others have posted. I definitely was not disappointed once I arrived and checked into our room. First off, this hotel is really gorgeous and very chic. Though they don't have self-parking facilities, their valet service and attendants were quick, friendly and very helpful. Upon checking into our room, I was impressed with the lay out and its interior design. Very modern, but felt very warm and comfortable as well. Our room was a corner room, so we had 2 sides/walls of floor to ceiling windows and when it rained one day, it was really beautiful to watch the rain from our huge windows. The view of our corner room was of the city & surrounding hotels which was also beautiful, and we had a little sliver view of the harbor from one side of the room. The room was big, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was really nice! The room also came with robes which was a very nice touch. Though I only booked a room initially, once the front desk found out I had a car and needed parking during my stay, she recommended I upgrade to a rate that included parking and breakfast. I was glad she offered because paying for parking alone would have cost more if I had not taken the package, the free breakfast was definitely a bonus. The location of this hotel is also ideal, lots of attractions close by, we were able to walk to the Coal Harbor and to the place where the Olympic Cauldron is, Canada Place, etc and short distance driving to other places, including Granville Island & Stanley Park. The reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stars is only because I realized that when we first entered our room, it appeared as though someone had already been there before...the radio was on and the decorative pillows weren't placed were you would expect them to be. However, I went to the front desk right away to let them know and the lady I spoke with was very apologetic, and looked into the matter right away. She confirmed and found records to support that, that was not the case. Our room was thoroughly cleaned out after the last guest checked-out, she said the radio was probably on due to an alarm set by the prior guest. As for the pillows, she said it really depends on the maid that comes in to clean. I think it's important to have uniformity as to how the rooms are before check in to avoid confusion like this. Being somewhat of a germ freak, I was terrified of the thought of staying and sleeping on a bed that was mistakenly not cleaned/changed properly for new guests checking in. Anyway, I'm really glad she cleared that matter up right away, still I didn't like that I had to inquire about the possibility of it period. Overall, this hotel is really great and I would definitely stay here again when I return to Vancouver.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with 2 sides of floor to ceiling window facing the Harbor. The higher you go...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladiesel
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Favourite hotel for a relaxing, comfortable night. The service is always above and beyond, with some of the most friendly and helpful staff I've encountered at a hotel. It doesn't hurt that the in-house restaurant is delicious, and their in-room soaking tubs are unbelievable!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here, but even if you don't want to swing for the corner room of all wind...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Wonderful hotel, food, staff. The area is beautiful and very walk friendly.We had a wonderful meal with family. Spent some time exploring the area, it was really beautiful. It's also close enough to walk to Yaletown or Gastown.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
kirkland, WA
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Service was excellent. We ordered the executive package so valet partking, breakfast, a movie and treat were included.
The front desk made an excellent referral to restaurant two blocks away. Good choice.
The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The black-out drapes made a good sleeping area.
Breakfast buffet was excellent
We'll be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travellingflemings
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My favourite place to stay while in Vancouver. From the pre-visit email to the post email, and notes and gestures in between, service like this is unbeatable. The staff at Loden are impossibly good-looking and they aim to please.
Rooms are spacious and well laid out. It just feel right. I have had some of my best sleeps here. The hotel restaurant serves a fabulous breakfast buffet and you are steps from a Starbucks if you feel the urge, The only regret I ever have is checking out! It always seems too soon!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Staefa, Switzerland
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a couple of days and felt very comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Great room. Good location - a lot of places can be reached by foot. Price quality ratio is as good as it can get (had a room, breakfast & parking deal). At breakfast they served probably the best croissants I ever had in North America. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo