“Great experience!!”

Ranked #5 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Sherman Oaks
“Great experience!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We loved this hotel. Clean, classy, comfortable and exceptionally professional. Customer Service was fantastic. Location was perfect. Love that they offer use of bicycles to guests. We took advantage of those. We had a nice view of the city. No spa onsite, but a masseuse was called in to give massages in a massage room by the gym. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bellasc4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are looking for a special place for a romantic getaway, look no further than the Loden. It was a fantastic place to stay to escape the real world for a weekend. From the outstanding service and front desk staff, the immaculate rooms, and the chocolates and fresh water every night, this hotel goes above and beyond to provide a memorable experience.

We arrived early at 9:30 am and the front desk staff was able to accommodate an early check as well as suggest a variety of activities to fill our day. We were in town for a concert and the complimentary car that took us to Rogers Arena was very much appreciated given the rain. Every time we walked into the lobby, we were greeted and inquiries were made as to how our stay was going. This level of detail is seldom found in other hotels. The other special quality about the Loden that I very much appreciated was its location. It is close enough that it is easy to walk all over the downtown core to shops and restaurants yet tucked away so that it is quiet and feels like a real escape.

I would highly recommend the Loden.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle W
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I relied on reviews to make this reservation, and was not disappointed. No detail was missed, and there is no more responsive a staff on the planet. I called the front desk often (orchestrating a 25th anniversary weekend), and NEVER did the phone ring more than once. Service at the Four Seasons Singapore MIGHT compare, but it does not surpass The Loden. I'm booking a stay for July as we speak!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RJS S
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the Loden for a second time on January 2, 2013 on my way to Japan. I originally booked a room at a promotional rate using the hotel's online reservations system. My flight to Vancouver was cancelled on two seperate occasions, and although the discounted rate did not allow for changes to the booking, when I contacted the hotel directly by phone and explained my situation, they rebooked me both times with no questions asked and at the same promotional rate.

On arrival at the hotel, the front desk clerk/manager (tall man, shaved head, French accent) was very friendly and upgraded me to a corner suite even though I had arrived more than two hours prior to the official check-in time. When I returned to my room later in the day, I was pleasantly surprised to find a complimentary bottle of sparkling water, chocolates, mixed nuts, and a note welcoming me back to the Loden had been placed in my room while I was out.

As for the room itself, it was spotlessly clean, the bed was comfortable, and the wi-fi was complimentary. As I wrote in my previous review, while the bathroom was spotless, I think a little more attention could be paid to upkeep (chipped/peeling caulking around the tub, loose faucets on the wash basin), but I have to admit that I'm being a bit picky about these points.

All in all, the service was above and beyond, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RWF_10
Ottawa
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I almost don't want to write this review because I'd like to keep the Loden all to myself. But that's not very nice now, is it? So let me share some details on my amazing experience during my stay.
The Loden is very centrally located, but still a perfect little hide away. Upon arrival the staff are extremely attentive and accommodating. Check in was a breeze and the elevators are the most "high tech" ever, you are only allowed access to your floor - which I guess makes it all that much of a safer place.

I open the door to my room and my jaw hit the floor, the room was AH-MAZING! The design is very smart and the maximize the space (even though the rooms aren't small). The bathroom is compartmentalized with the shower and toilet in their own little "pods", with the tub being the centerpiece of the bathroom. The finishes are top notch, my only comment (similar to that of other reviewers) the knobs for the sink are not very user friendly, but they sure are pretty! ;) Bonus: I loved the soaps and body lotion's. The bathroom has sliding doors which open into the room if you want to opt for an open feel. A cool thing about the bathroom that you may miss (I almost did) - one of the buttons in the bathrooms gets the sound of the tv be amplified directly into the bathroom. You can even mute the tv, and have the sound only in the bathroom. Which, if you're sharing the room and don't want to wake up your partner works wonders! You can also plug in your computer or Ipod and stream music into the bathroom this way as well. Genius!

Floor to ceiling windows, great work station, comfortable chaise-lounge in the corner, and a marvelous bed. The bed and pillows were amazing, extremely plush and cozy, I didn't want to wake up. The turn down service is super cute, with water and Lindt chocolates.

I stayed here for business, but I would not hesitate to recommend it for a romantic get-away. The ambiance makes for a perfect spot to be with someone special. ;)

Last little insight, the photos are completely true to form for what you'll get once you check into the hotel. Don't hesitate to book at the Loden, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 7, 2013

1st annivesary surprise for my wife.
Drive from Seattle was long with frustrating delay at border.
Asked for a bottle of wine to be in the room. Receptionist asked what I wanted at check in, not too romantic, but the gesture got me points. Problem was a $50 bottle with auto-gratuity and service charge turned into a $90 bottle. I'll definitley pick one up before next time. Lesson learned.
Restaurant in lobby http://tableaubarbistro.com/ was excellent. Met a great older couple seated next to us and they bought us very nice bottle of wine. Even Steven, right!
All in all, very nice ammenities and location.
Oh yeah... on the way out I had someone take a picture of my wife and I and I put my backpack on a ledge... it fell and my iPad screen is shattered.
Memories!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Loden is a tranquil oasis in downtown Vancouver. Stylish, elegant although sometimes that backfires. For instance on occasion the high tech electronics do not work efficiently and as well the bathroom fixtures while they look great are less than friendly to use ( especially the bathroom sink! ). However, these are minor inconveniences as the overall experience is very good and the location slightly away from all the "action" makes getting a good night's rest assured ( the very comfy beds help, too ).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo