“Great hotel”

Ranked #5 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Frisco, Texas, United States
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was our first time to visit Vancouver, and the Loden made our stay incredible. The staff was exceptional from the minute we pulled up to the valet service. We stayed in a signature corner room and the view of the city was great. We were pretty tired our first night there and decided to order room service. The food is from the onsite restaurant, and it was very good. The next night we decided to venture out, but we weren't sure where to go. The front desk was happy to provide recommendations on local eateries. The Loden is in a great location as we were a short distance away from Stanley Park and Gastown. You won't be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Truly luxorious boutique hotel. Great details that differentiate boutique hotels from upscale business hotels are all there. Interesting, modern decor, gorgeous bathrooms with Molton Brown products and great deep bath tub (and a separate shower). Great location to everywhere, yet quiet neighborhood feel. Friendly service and staff. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Maxinette
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I couldn't believe how comfortable the bed, pillows and linens were. Absolutely luxurious. The room was perfectly quiet at night although it overlooked Melville, which is a busy street. There's an expresso set-up in the lobby in the morning - what a great idea! The gym is really super - not at all like the typical hotel. Tons of cardio machines with tv screens, tons of free weights, machines, medicine balls, etc. An excellent gym.

The staff was amazing. I left my cell phone in a cab and the concierge-dude was on the phone and had it tracked down before I was finished checking in. I was in town for a wedding and any time I needed directions somewhere, the front desk was happy to print them out and take the time to explain everything to me. It was a first rate experience. I highly recommend! It was a super value, as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
chicago, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I spent several nights at The Loden last week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We would absolutely stay there again.

Some specifics:

Staff: while we probably didn't rely on the front desk/concierge staff as much as some other reviewers, the few times that we did, they were extremely helpful - whether it was restaurant recommendations, advice on things to do in Vancouver, or just general directions to a Vancouver location, they came through every time. Additionally, we got bikes at the hotel to ride around Stanley Park for a couple of hours - it could not have been easier!

Location: it seemed that most places of interest in the city were walkable from The Loden (granted, some walks were healthy ones, but do-able just the same). The proximity to Stanley Park was a plus, as we enjoyed several hours on a couple of different days there. There were several excellent restuarants within a short walk of the hotel as well.

Rooms: the bed in our room was ridiculously comfortable. Everything was clean and in excellent condition.

Workout facility: it seems that too often a hotel looks at a workout facility as just as afterthought. Not so with The Loden. This workout facility was the best of any hotel I have ever stayed in, due to the myriad of workout/exercise options presented - freeweights, machines, treadmills, yoga mats, medicine balls, Bosu balls...it was all there.

The Tableau (The Loden's restaurant): this was probably the only less-than-outstanding aspect of The Loden. My wife and I ate brunch here and felt that it was pretty "meh". There was a decent selection of items, but none really stood out as being very memorable and the service was a bit lacking. That being said, the brunch was not particularly expensive either, so I would say we just got what we paid for, in this case.

Overall, we loved The Loden!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I think The Loden has forever ruined me for other hotels! I have never experienced such fabulous service! Jessica, the concierge, expertly planned activities for us, taking care of all the details. The hotel provided us with transportation to restaurants and picked up tickets for us one evening, enabling us to take a spur-of-the moment trip to Victoria. The rooms were very lovely, modern and clean. I loved the contemporary decor. I can't say enough about our stay. I would recommend The Loden to anyone and would love to stay there again. A+.

Room Tip: We were near an elevator and still the room was virtually sound proof. I would say there are no bad...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveler_001_12
Golden, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed in a terrace room and loved the privacy and peace and quiet that this offered. The rooms are modern, spacious and clean. The bathrooms are gorgeous. The staff are wonderful. This is some of the best service I have ever received at a hotel - and certainly not the most expensive I've stayed in. We had one small issue with breakfast service in the adjoining restaurant and were graciously comped some drinks and received a professional and genuine apology for the experience. I'm already looking for excuses to go back to Vancouver to stay again. We've found our new Vancouver hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Livonia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Friendliest and most helpful staff we have ever met! (Special Call out to Maxwell, Mary & Jennifer...:) Great rooms, Great location, Great Restaurant, Bikes, Workout facilities, Yoga Mats........ Sweet! :) Best Hotel on our tour of the Pacific Northwest.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family