“Seriously, unbelievably fantastic.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle, Washington
“Seriously, unbelievably fantastic.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

In retrospect, my friend and I should have booked the Loden immediately upon deciding to come to Vancouver. Next time, there will be no hesitation. We drove up to Vancouver on Friday night, and had unfortunately booked into another hotel based on budget and location. Our experience was less than desirable, and after virtually no sleep on Friday night, I called the Loden on Saturday morning for some salvation. I had stayed at the Loden the year before with my fiancé, and we loved our experience... not sure why I didn't give it the review it very much deserved last March. This visit, the Loden blew away every expectation my friend and I could have had about our hotel experience, and NOT writing a review is out of the question! From the word go, the staff went out of their way to be helpful, friendly, and seriously went hugely beyond the call of normal duty when it came to client service. From accommodating us last minute with a gorgeous room (and giving us an early check in), non-aggressive assistance with valet, luggage, beautiful complimentary beverages in the lobby and offering local maps and suggestions, to providing simply outstanding client service with a sincere smile... THIS is what every hotel should aspire to be!! Yes, it's a little more expensive for those on a budget, but I swear this downtown gem is worth every single hard-earned penny. My girlfriend and I felt like royalty. In particular, Jessica at the front desk provided exceptional service that made us want to run up and give her a big hug... she is completely amazing, and knows what it takes to go the extra mile to make people relaxed and genuinely happy. The lobby is cool and comfortable, the rooms are design-y enough to satisfy the modern connoisseur without being the least bit pretentious... great art, good color schemes, SUPER comfy bed and pillows that felt like resting your head on a toasted marshmallow. User-friendly layout with engineered privacy options, and the quiet... oh, the quiet. You'd never know you were downtown. Friendly room service with very yummy breakfast. Perfect for friends, couples or a solo trip, this hotel will make you wish you'd found it much sooner. I'm originally from Vancouver, living in Seattle now, and I have absolutely no doubt that I will stay at the Loden from now on, no questions asked.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank babybee236
Lodenhotel, Hotel Manager at Loden Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear babybee236

We look forward to your return visit to Vancouver. Thank you for providing details of your stay experience. Our team thrives on it (and we'll give Jessica a big hug for you)!

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

I always hesitate to read the reviews that give anything a perfect score because I feel like it was possibly written by some overly exuberant person and I will be terribly disappointed by taking their advice. So at the risk that some idiots who think like me won't read this, I still have to give The Loden 5 trip advisor circle things. We were greeted by The Loden's friendly staff before we even got all our bags out of the taxi. I wish I could remember his name, but people from Hawaii tend to get distracted by things like 0 degree C weather. Anyway, he gave us some great restaurant recommendations and even offered to drive us to a sushi restaurant in The Loden car. The front desk staff were always welcoming upon our return to the hotel and one even printed out info on snowboarding locations for us. The room had a great tub that we used to defrost ourselves and the turn down service was a nice touch. The Loden is also in a great location. We were able to easily walk to Stanley park, Robson street, museums and restaurants. I would most definitely stay here again…perhaps in the summer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 21plasticstars
Dear 21plasticstars,

We hope to see you again in the summer. As a result of popular demand, we're adding two more bikes to our repetoire...they'll be waiting for you if you have the time to cycle Stanley Park the next time you're here! Thank you for your candid review, and with this feedback it helps us do our very best to take care of our guests.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

What a delight. Great design, great service, great location and excellent food.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Boliver_12

Fantastic! Thanks for the new nickname...it endears us!

We appreciate your comments.

Sincerely

Catonsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

We came to Vancouver for some business meetings with some free time sprinkled in. The Loden is in a great location with lovely and well appointed rooms. The adjoining cafe has a nice breakfast and is a good place to enjoy a drink or dinner. The staff helped us enjoy a beautiful day by outfitting us with bikes and advice for a short afternoon ride. It was a great experience.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear BmoreFun

Thank you for choosing Loden, and sharing your stay with us and other travellers. Your travelling experience and perspective goes a long way for other guests...for which we certainly appreciate the helpful feedback.

For our business travellers, take the opportunity to enjoy a ride in one of our two London style Loden cars. They're great for quick short trips within the downtown core.

Best regards,

Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

Stayed at the Loden a few nights while on business. Nicely appointed, quiet, and very comfortable room. The staff was friendly, courtious, and helpful. All in all, a great place to stay while in Vancouver!

Room Tip: The corner rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

This was my 3rd time at the Loden, and it was fantastic in every way. After a terrible night using points at the Westin Bayshore where I got no sleep due to the noise and non-heavenly bed which needed changing, I cancelled my last nights and switched to the Loden.

What an amazing place to stay. Dead quiet, awesome beds and rooms, and authentic staff who do everything possible to meet your needs.

• Stayed March 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Loden last year and having had such a wonderful experience decided to stay there again. I did take the time to research other properties nearby and saw no reason to venture any further. Great competative rates, first class service and good location. Since we were returning guests we were surprised with a small treat to thank us for coming back. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple