Hotel Ambassador
Opus Hotel(Vancouver)
$441
$372
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$195
Suttonplace.com
$322
$287
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$238
$221
Hotels.com
$474
$349
$538
$460
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I went to Vancouver for a meeting at the Vancouver Convention Center in early June. I needed to spend minimal funds. Fortunately I located Hotel Ambassador. It is located a few blocks from the stations for the train to the airport. Also it is at the intersection of Granville and Davie Streets. There are several restaurants and clubs on both those streets. It is about a mile from the convention center so I walked the distance in about half an hour.

The hotel has two stories. There is no elevator. I needed to carry baggage up and down the stairs. I used the safe deposit box in my room. There is no telephone in the room. There is no air conditioning. The bed was comfortable. There was a sink in my room. I was readily able to use the free WiFi in my room. I shared the bathrooms at the end of the hall. Housekeeping provided soap, but not shampoo or conditioner. Housekeeping changed towels and collected trash daily; however, my bed was unmade throughout my stay. Coffee was free in the kitchen from 9 to 11 am daily.

Since I departed at 11 pm, I wanted to occupy my room until 8 pm. I had to pay for an additional day to stay in my room until 8 pm.

Room Tip: People on the street may be noisy around the nearby clubs and restaurants. Rooms off the street may be quiter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ColasBaltimore
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Central location,east to get around.Reasonably priced,with communal kitchen,and laundry room.
Room was clean with comfortable double bed.There was also sink in a room.It was warm in a room and I kept window open through the day.
Bathroom was in a corridor,but right next to my room,so easy to get in.It was nice and clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Don't be put off by reception. The location is awesome. The rooms are clean. The bathrooms are near to newly renovated and kept exceptionally clean. I was expecting high levels of noise, but was pleasantly surprised given it is the centre of the city. For the money, it is great!

I think room temperature could be a problem in the heat of Summer, as I kept my window open all night and it was 8-10 degrees. Don't rely on travel assistance from the front desk, just head to the tourist information centre at the wharf.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2013

A friend and I were traveling the West Coast, this hotel was a perfect start to the trip; great location with easy access to everything. Took us about 30 minutes to walk to Stanley Park. No en suite but really clean and well kept communal toilets.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2013

What they don't tell you is that it is right next to a noisy bar so if you want to get some sleep early it isn't the place for you! Even with ear plugs I was kept up by the vibrations of the bass until 2am and I had to get up at 6am to run in a big road race in the city. The room was also really hot but even more noisy with the window open. Staff did let me move rooms but where I moved to was even more noisy! I was really upset to get so little sleep and it did spoil the stay which was a shame because everything else about the place is pretty great; helpful staff, comfortable beds, towels provided, private rooms for a good low price, tvs in every room. Almost like a hotel but for a hostel price. Sadly quiet at night is something I really need though. I would only go back there if I knew I would be going out at night and didn't have to get up early.

Room Tip: The first floor is very noisy with the bar next door playing loud music with a heavy bass until 2am. Second floor is quieter as far as bass is concerned as it is further away from the bar but many rooms open onto a common area with a tv etc that can get noisy with people hanging out there too.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo