My wife and I stayed at the Granville House after taking a 7-day Alaskan cruise. Our friends who found Granville were the B&B goers. Our cruise arrived early on Saturday morning so we arrived at 10:30. We had to make one trip around the place because Granville Ave. is a very busy street and house numbers were difficult to read. One of the staff, Shandy, took our luggage and offered us a couple of bus passes to get into town while they prepared our room. Shandy also offered some suggestions of where to go and what to do do since this was our first visit to Vancouver. We were very grateful. We did some sightseeing and got back around 6:00 p.m. Keypad door entry was fantastic. The room was next to the front door and faced Granville so was a little noisy, but ultimately did not stop us from sleeping like logs. (Earplugs were also in the night stand just in case) Room was spacious with a couch at one end, king-sized bed, desk and chair and a beautiful bathroom. The house was immaculate! Slippers were available if needed since there was a no shoe policy. Now for the best part! Breakfast the next day was ready right on time. We had an egg-white frittata, yogurt, steel-cut homemade oatmeal, toast, three varieties of cold cereal and coffee, tea and orange juice. Randy came out to greet us and offered yet more points of interest. Unfortunately we left early the next day, but all except the main hot entree was available before we left. Great job by all involved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vancouver's only 2011 Canada-Select 5 Star B&B! Built in 1997, this Shaughnessy mansion was renovated in 2007 to provide modern romantic luxury in Vancouver's wealthiest neighbourhood. We provide free on-site parking, WiFi, local & long distance calling. Time sensitive door codes provide hotel security & allow access convenient to you. All suites have king bed, 32" LCD TV with free HD programming and luxurious en-suite bathroom. Enjoy pressed linens, Hutterite down duvets and pillows. Room controlled Air Conditioning, fresh air exchange and heated floors. Deluxe breakfast buffet included, from 5-11am (hot dish served 8:30-10am). Vancouver's largest B&B breakfast area with 6 individual tables. Extremely central, on Granville Street (& 35th Ave), steps to transit, 5 minutes to downtown, 10 minutes to airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Granville House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granville House Hotel Vancouver
- Granville House Bed And Breakfast