We booked this at the last minute which is why we got a downstairs room at the front of the house right by a busy road. The personalised numbers we were sent in advance to open the door to the house and our room were useful but felt impersonal. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was odd, a long trough for the sink with nowhere to put the wash bags. The tiles on the shower seat were cracked and I did not want to sit down. The warning notices about being charged if a guest took the toiletries were a first - as was the $20 sticker on a guide book in the room. The room was not cheap but did include parking and breakfast. The breakfast included great porridge and a choice of herbal tea but no choice on the hot food - a ramekin with an omlette that was not that good. The staff were friendly and helpful with suggestions on what to see and how to get there. The shoes off policy would work better if there were slippers in each room with the robes. The cookies provided on arrival were a nice touch but much better would be milk in the fridge instead of being expected to put coffeemate into tea. All in all a pleasant stay but I would not rate it 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vancouver's only 2011 Canada-Select 5 Star B&B! Built in 1997, this Shaughnessy mansion was renovated in 2007 to provide modern romantic luxury in Vancouver's wealthiest neighbourhood. We provide free on-site parking, WiFi, local & long distance calling. Time sensitive door codes provide hotel security & allow access convenient to you. All suites have king bed, 32" LCD TV with free HD programming and luxurious en-suite bathroom. Enjoy pressed linens, Hutterite down duvets and pillows. Room controlled Air Conditioning, fresh air exchange and heated floors. Deluxe breakfast buffet included, from 5-11am (hot dish served 8:30-10am). Vancouver's largest B&B breakfast area with 6 individual tables. Extremely central, on Granville Street (& 35th Ave), steps to transit, 5 minutes to downtown, 10 minutes to airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com and HRS so you can book your Granville House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granville House Hotel Vancouver
- Granville House Bed And Breakfast