“The Best New Boutique in Vancouver”
Review of Hotel BLU

Hotel BLU
Ranked #12 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto
“The Best New Boutique in Vancouver”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am a frequent traveller to Vancouver and am the second guest to come to this newly opened hotel. It is a truly excellent new boutique hotel and will be my preferred hotel every time I come to Vancouver. I usually stay at the Hermitage in Vancouver, but this hotel is superior in many ways. As a hotel owner and director of a small boutique hotel in the Yukon, I understand the finer points of hospitality and this hotel gets full grades.

Apart from the fact that it is brand new, there are a number of features which I appreciate. First, I abhor carpets in hotel rooms and this hotel has flooring that looks like wood, but is actually a composite. I believe this is the type of flooring that needs to be used in all hotels, as carpets retain dirt and dust particles, no matter how often they are cleaned.

I really loved the fact that my room was a corner room, with three windows which opened for fresh air, allowing for cross ventilation and plenty of natural light. This is very important to me and made for a great sleep without the need for air conditioning. I am very particular about staying in places that have windows that open for fresh air.

The bathrooms have an excellent shower, rain shower head, and are well laid out. The bed is ultra comfortable, with excellent linens and it is a nice touch that the robe and slippers are laid out for you. There is an good sized Samsung flat screen tv, with high definition picture and they provide a tablet so you can connect to Netflix, the first time I have seen this innovative feature. There is a wide selection of TV channels. The internet is free and works well. There is a Nespresso coffee machine in the room.The furniture is modern and the desk has lots of work space as well as a very comfortable desk chair which reclines.

The front desk and hotel manager, which welcomed me, were very friendly and professional and the location of the hotel, steps from BC Place on Robson is great. All in all, an excellent new boutique property, totalling 75 rooms, which all be a welcome addition to the Vancouver hotel scene and will likely be amongst the top ranked hotels in Vancouver. I hope to make this my home each time I am in Vancouver.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 403, which was a corner room. Try to get a corner room for extra light and windows.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
8 Thank Francesco C
GMHotelBLU, General Manager at Hotel BLU, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Francesco C.

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of Hotel BLU and congratulations on being the second guest to stay with us!

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It was truly a labour of love when we built the hotel and are so excited you were able to enjoy some our many unique features. I must admit, the floors are one of our favourite features as well. For those who suffer from allergens especially, it is a lovely feature. We are also so happy to hear you were able to take advantage of some of our innovative technology as well!

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

With warm regards,
The entire team at Hotel BLU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Travelers also viewed these Vancouver hotels
L'Hermitage Hotel
#3 of 92 in Vancouver
Fairmont Waterfront
Fairmont Waterfront
#11 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Hotel BLU? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel BLU

Property: Hotel BLU
Address: 177 Robson Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 1B2, Canada
Location: Canada > British Columbia > Vancouver > Robson Street
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel BLU 4*
Be part of Vancouver's newest boutique hotel where luxury and technology meets sustainability.Located right on Robson street, next to BC Place Stadium and 5 minute walk from Rogers Arena. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel BLU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.