“Good for all ages!”
Review of Storm Crow Tavern

Storm Crow Tavern
Ranked #5 of 102 Nightlife in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: Vancouver's nerdiest restaurant! Like a sports bar for geeks, we stock a wide range of board and card games to play, play sci-fi on our big TV round the clock, and are host to an extensive array of fantasy memorabilia. Come on down for our delicious pub fare, sample our tasty BC microbrews, try our unique cocktails and random d20 shots, or prostrate yourself at our giant Cthulhu shrine.
Kingston, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good for all ages!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I may be a senior, but when I visit my adult kids in Vancouver, we go to the Storm Crow. Great food, great beer, lots of fun and atmosphere. One never outgrows these things. Board games, movie nights, or, best yet, Cards Against Humanity, it's a much better scene than most clubs. I heartily recommend The Storm Crow!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mary S

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome place with great food and drinks!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you're looking for a casual place to drink, nerd out, and even play some games, Storm Crow is an amazing place. Great thematic food and drink, and free use of board and card games makes Storm Crow a tavern without match. I clumsily spilled a drink that got some Cards Against Humanity a bit wet, and was not even asked to pay to replace them. A hearty tip was instead forthcoming! I would suggest getting there early, so you can get a good table to settle down into, as it gets (understandably) busy.

Visited December 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome for food, atmosphere, and drinking”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have been to the Storm Crow on a few occasions, most notably for part of my 30th birthday celebrations, and at different times / days. Each time, you are greeted with super friendly and attentive service, a variety of interesting brews, D20 shots if you fancy them, and an unbeatable ambiance.

The food was absolutely fantastic; I had the stew both occasions, and it was tasty, hearty and lovingly made. I've also had desserts - again, these were wonderfully made and absolutely in the very difficult to find portion zone of just enough to satisfy the sweet tooth lust without being more than an average human could ever hope to finish.

If you like to swig ale and down shots, there's a brilliant variety of themed shots and well selected and stocked beers.

All I'd ask is... when are you opening a sister pub in Calgary!? :O

Visited October 2013
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seriously you guys, this place is the best.”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

You are standing at a crossroads. There are paths leading to the north and south. To the West, a door stands open, there is a sign above with a picture of a crow.

>> ENTER DOOR

I recall my first time visiting the Storm Crow. It was my birthday, two years ago, just before Halloween. I was half-cut and my friends and I walked in and found that we were the only ones not dressed like a Wizard, a Monster, or an unsettlingly sexy C3P0. I assumed, correctly, that there was something special about this place and since then, I have been a regular.

Most pubs in Vancouver have a "thing" and usually that thing is either -- pneumatic waitresses/actresses, ambulatory meat bags with a penchant for Affliction t-shirts and quarrelling, or Saturday Night at the Roxbury. The "thing" at the Storm Crow is that it's simply a comfortable place.

The Crow is one of the few places where anyone, and I mean anyone can pop in, have a pint, something to eat, meet some friends, play a round of Settlers of Catan, or whatever you're into -- there are no judgments, just good stuff.

Imagine you are a thirteen year old dude who is really into Dungeons and Dragons, it's Friday night and you're at your bud's house in the basement listening to Rush and drinking Apple Schapps. This is one place you can do that, without getting busted, unless you're driving -- seriously, don't do that.

I literally can't say enough good things about this place and the only bad thing I an say is that dang, these guys get busy on the weekends.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ben J
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great service, games and vegan poutine!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

LOVE this place. It can be rather busy on the weekends but if you do score a table you will be terated to super friendly service, a very veggie friendly menu (thats an entertaining read all on its own), tasty local beers and good tunes. Great decor, and so many board games and cards to choose from. Somehow the people that come here just seem friendlier than the rest of the city. Every visit has been a winner so far. Wishing them every success.

Visited April 2014
Jason K, Owner at Storm Crow Tavern, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thanks for the kind words!