La Grande Residence at the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #59 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Kanata, ON
“extended stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Was in Vancouver for work stay in a 1 bedroom suite and it felt like home. Right downtown close to walk for shopping, movies, dinner etc.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our Vancouver leg of our Seattle-Vancouver trip. After staying in a wonderful hotel in Seattle, we were quite disappointed in this hotel, which was more expensive. While we loved the location and the customer service, the room left a lot to be desired. There was not enough counter space in the bathroom for my toiletries, so I had to keep them in the kitchen and walk back and forth. I'm quite surprised there have not been more complaints about the bed as I can't recall a worse sleeping situation at any hotel I've ever stayed at. At the very least, a hotel of this caliber should have comfortable mattresses and linens. Our balcony did not have a table and chairs. I couldn't get the heat to warm the room. The TV's are outdated and cheap.

Valet service was great, but at $40 per day it should be. There is a fee for internet service and the wireless was USELESS in our room. We had breakfast at Fleuri -$18 for what most hotels call a "Continental Breakfast" (fruit, cereal, oatmeal, and pastries) seemed a little overpriced to me. Not sure why everyone loves this hotel...Definitely won't be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
vancouver, bc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed here recently with my two young children for my daughters 8th birthday. I was expecting the hotel to be nice, but from my experience with other "fancy" hotels, was not expecting the exceptional sevice we did receive here. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming from the doormen to the front desk staff to every employee we happened to come across in the hall, the elevator, wherever. All asked us how we were, how we were enjoying ourselves. Even if the room hadnt had been as fantastic as it was, the customer service puts this hotel right up at the top 5 best places Ive ever stayed. The icing on the cake, however, was when we received an unexpected knock at the door and the hotel had sent up chocolate covered strawberries and a happy birthday message for my little girl, compliments of the vice president! That really made her feel like a princess, and its the extra things like this that make a hotel fabulous. The location is great, the room was huge, clean, modern and as I said, the service was outstanding. This will now be my number one choice to stay whenever Im going to treat myself and family in Vancouver!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wine O
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I was in Vancouver last October for the Pens-Canucks game. My friend found this hotel at the last minute on hotels.com.

I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. Huge one bedroom suite, with a full kitchen. While the furnishings were a little older, the room was spotlessly clean.

The hotel is centrally located in town, and close to many shops, restaurants and attractions.

My only complaint, which is keeping me from giving this hotel an excellent rating, is the charge of $20 (CND) a day for wireless service in the room. Most hotels charge no fee/minimal fee for this service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

This is a traditional old style smart hotel. The service is fantastic, nothing was a bother and all recommendations were spot on.Our room was very comfortable and the bathroom was very well appointed. We had a fabulous view of the city which was an added bonus and one we had not requested.
The location is great for exploring Vancouver.
This is a pet friendly hotel. Naturally we didn't have pets with us as we were traveling from New Zealand , however we found this aspect quite charming.

• Stayed November 2011
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

We have stayed at this full-service hotel several times and, because we have two small children, we stay in the two bedroom suites in La Grande Residence.
For this location, the suites at this hotel are very spacious (two bedrooms and two bathrooms, plus a kitchen). The bathrooms could use some updating, but aren't terrible.
Location: The location of this hotel is tops. You have immediate pedestrian access to all that Robson Street has to offer. They also provide guests with a shoppers card that provides discounts at various stores on Robson.
Dining: Room service food (from Fleuri) is very good. We've mostly ordered breakfast and found the portions huge (you could almost share a meal). The Gerard Lounge is also very good (although not suitable for children). There's even a Japa Dog just beyond the front entrance.
Parking: Ouch! It's very pricey.
Spa: Good
Service: I saved the best for last. It is Exceptional. Every staff member we encounter on each of our stays provides outstanding service. We are big on service, and it's what keeps us returning to this hotel.
If you plan to stay more than once, I'd recommend enrolling in the Prestige Program. It has earned us spa treatments and once, a complimentary night's accommodation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank familytravellerz
Houghton-le-Spring, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

I would struggle to find anything negative to say about this hotel. We stayed for three nights in a suite which was very clean, spacious, comfortable and had everything we needed. The location is very good to get to the various places of interest. The staff were friendly and helpful. We felt this provided very good city centre accommodation at a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple