“Stunning and comfortable”
Review of Corkscrew Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vancouver
Corkscrew Inn
Ranked #7 of 53 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Corkscrew Inn was a wonderful place to stay for two weeks. It excelled in every aspect - comfy bed, attractive rooms and common areas, beautiful food, nice, helpful people, great location. The best part is that after having a big day out in Vancouver, it is such a comfortable place to head back to for a cup of tea and relax in the loungeroom or on the front verandah, overlooking the garden.

The Inn itself is so attractive and so well appointed. The rooms are designed with particular themes - British India, Art Deco, etc. So much detail and taste has gone into this, they are truly stunning. I stayed in the Edwardian, overlooking the back garden, but each is so well done there is no 'wrong' choice, it just depends on which style you like best. There is a corkscrew museum in the house - definitely worth a look! As are all the corkscrew-themed stained glass windows.

Karen, the manager, was so friendly and helpful and she gave us lots of good suggestions about sightseeing.

I looked forward to breakfast each day - it was always delicious. My favourite was the french toast with cream cheese and orange, which came with fresh kiwifruit and strawberries and blueberry sauce!

Being in Kitsilano, it has a nice neighbourhood feel rather than being in a hotel. You can walk a block and a half and be in a park that looks out onto the ocean and the mountains, or walk three minutes the other way for some very good restaurants and coffee shops. It was also very close to the bus stop so easy to get into the city.

If you are like me - the sort of person who likes to read lots of reviews and find the perfect place - then let me tell you - this is it. The quality of the Corkscrew Inn stands out in my mind as one of the reasons I enjoyed my trip to Vancouver so much.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lucycbr
corkscrewinn, Owner at Corkscrew Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

We appreciate your taking the time to write such a comprehensive and reflective review. Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Corkscrew Inn

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This bed & breakfast was by far the best we have tried in Vancouver. The breakfast was delicious, every morning there was a different dish, and Karen, the innkeeper, was very friendly and always ready to inform us on places to go, how to get there, etc. The bedroom was beautiful(ours was called British India), the bed very comfortable, and the place was very clean. We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: We only tried the room called British India, and it was very quiet and beautifully appointed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vpatey
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great little inn in a special part of Vancouver. Intimate, warm, and a fabulous location in prime residential area near the waters edge at Kitsilano. I know the neighbourhood well,and recommend this spot for anyone who wants to experience the real Vancouver. It's really easy to get around to Spanish Banks, West 4th/8th shopping, Jericho Beach, Granville Island Market, Yaletown.....
Comfy bed, very clean,beautiful room, and delicious cooked breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PInkerKaren
Reviewed May 8, 2013

On our way home after 6months away. We had requested the Edwardian Room. All rooms are extremely pleasant & very unique with classic stained glass treatments, period furniture & accessories. We were on the ground flr & for 3 of the 7 nites were the only occupants. Sitting in the living room before a fire, sipping the owners Sherry was a truly unique experience. All our breakfasts were generous, more than most healthy people could eat. Each morning we devoured our fresh fruit along with an assortment of delicious egg dishes, each complemented with vegetables or protein. Our favourite was the house smoked salmon. Spent our days walking the Kits & Granville Island areas. If only we could afford this housing market. The Owner is Wayne & his Inn Keeper is Karen; both cordially looked after all our lazy questions that were already answered in his in-suite info binder. All in all a delightful experience including sipping BC wines in the back patio with lush gardens & wild birds every afternoon. As our new grand daughter needs to see her grand parents periodically, we shall be making the Corkscrew our favorite lodging.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Cockscrew Inn provides the quintessential B&B experience and we will certainly be back.

The hospitality and breakfast were both excellent and the bed was very comfortable. The neighbourhood is quiet and we had no problem getting a good nights sleep. Everything for a good Kits experience - seawall, 4th Ave, beaches and even Granville Island - are walking distance.

For those driving with larger vehicles (we have a full size SUV), the streets seem narrow and precarious but we were able to park within a block of the inn each and we left with the vehicle 3 or 4 times in our 2 night stay.

I would highly recommend the inn for anyone that is looking for a casual, comfortable and eclectic B & B experience!

Room Tip: We stayed in the French room which faces to the back alley and was nice and quiet and has a nice lit...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
corkscrewinn, Owner at Corkscrew Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for your review!
While the streets in our historic neighbourhood were built for horse-drawn buggies, they are wide enough to accommodate any sized vehicle and there is usually ample parking. If you don't want to park on the street, there's a spot next to our garage on the north side of the Inn.
An exception to the "ample parking" rule is during the annual Fireworks Festival (three evenings in midsummer) and even then you'll be okay if you park by 6pm.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Scrumptious morning mini feasts were created for us with lovely attention to detail by talented and welcoming chef Karen. As a cook myself, I appreciate the creative presentation and perfect combinations offered. My favorite was the salmon, herb, cream cheese frittata. Next the savory mushroom omelet with Canadian turkey sausage and the attractive crunchy phyllo dough nests filled with egg and cheesy goodness accompanying bacon branches and perfect little pinwheel tomatoes. The entire building exists as delicious slice of life from gentler more refined times. My husband and I were delighted each morning with pleasant little details; our meal's accent sauces were artistically squiggled in corkscrew designs, the spring blooms in the garden graced our conversations on the front porch, stained glass window eye candy in every room, finer linen, the whimsical corkscrew collection museum, helpful tourist advice and the convenient Kitsilano location made The Corkscrew Inn an excellent choice for us.

Room Tip: The other rooms have more vibrant sunlight. Our British India Room faced the mountains in the rear o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeanmarie D
corkscrewinn, Owner at Corkscrew Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

We appreciate the careful attention to detail in your review! Thank you!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night while visiting my son who lives in the Kitsilano area. The Corkscrew is on a quiet street conveniently located near Kitsilano, is close to 4th Avenue, and is not far from downtown. It is a unique place, with an interesting history. I found it a very comfortable place to be, with an excellent bed. I did not have the breakfast, so I cannot comment on its quality. But I really appreciated that a supply of yogurt, cookies, coffee, and tea was always available in the dining room area. Karen, the host, was very gracious and helpful, but not in any way intrusive. And because her suite is actually on its own floor below the two upper levels of the Bed & Breakfast, you do not feel you are intruding into her home. I felt fortunate to find this place. Staying here greatly enhanced the quality of my visit with my son.

Room Tip: For a solo traveller, I would recommend the Edwardian. It is on the main floor by itself, is close...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo