“Out of the world!!!!!”

Neighborhood: Kitsilano
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Out of the world!!!!!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Went to this restaurant due to our groupon discount. Had a lot of hesitation due to couple of, negative (I must say weirdo) reviews on this place. Me and my husband were somewhat cautious and had our backup plans. However, needless to say that the experience was beyond A+. The interior is a work in progress but the food quality and service makes up completely for it. We got served with amazing food (we had yak momo for appie and yum they were great... jackfruit curry and chicken dish for meal) and the server dude was really nice to us. He was attentive while without being interruptive.
We are just so glad that we visited this place. We will definitely be coming back and bringing our friends.

1 Thank EatLoveVancouver

“Delectable”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The Yak and Yeti has just opened in our neighbourhood and so my husband and thought we should check it out. I read the reviews and was a little concerned with the ratings people had given (about the service). Still, I checked out the website and cast my eye over the menu. It seemed like a great offering, so despite the so so rating, we decided to give it a chance.

After reading the reviews I was expecting some cold fish of a server and was emotionally prepared for this. We walked in and we were immediately dazzled by a lovely smile of welcome. We were seated and taken very good care of by our waiter (I wish I'd got his name). He was attentive throughout our entire visit and encouraged us to bask in our satiety until we were ready to leave.

Anyway, to get to the nitty gritty- the food. I have to say this is the best meal we have had for a very long time (Mamasita's in San Francisco was comparable). We started with a pan fried duck with ginger along with Yak Momo. What a delight! Each dish had many layers of flavours that was blissful to the tastebuds. We also had the chicken gravy and sizzling chicken, again we were thrilled with the nuances of flavours that tickled the tongue. The only thing was that I ate far too much and practically waddled out of the restaurant.

We chatted briefly to the chef to tell him how much we enjoyed the meal - he was obviously very pleased that we loved his cooking! So delightful.

This is our new favourite restaurant and it's walking distance away!

I highly recommend a visit to find out for yourself. I am so glad I chose to ignore the more negative reviews.

2 Thank Zoe L
Yokohama, Japan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I wanted to try Himalayan cuisine for a long time!!! This was my first time to try Himalayan cuisine! It was perfect! I felt I was in Himalaya. Very very Delicious, unique, the staff was very very kind, professional, he made me an exception, and I felt special, the atmosphere of the bistro was great! The music, etc!!! I would like to go again!!! I should bring the camera to take photos of the meals! Thank you very much for making my holiday so special! Thank you so much!!!

“A Disappointment”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I give this restaurant a fail. Not because of the food - which was pretty good - but because of the service and how our evening ended. We went because we had a groupon and wanted to try something different. Although the interior was pretty dingy the food was surprisingly good. When it came to the bill our waiter told us he wouldn't honour the groupon because we didn't order 2 entrees. We ordered 1 entree, several starters and wine (much more $ than if we had ordered 2 entrees). Not only wouldn't he budge, but he made no attempt to offer us a token thank you to have us leave with a good feeling, his explanation was lame and rang untrue. Going out for a meal with friends is much more than just the food itself, it's about the experience and how you feel when you pay the bill. For these reasons I give it a fail.

Visited December 2013