“Needs a face lift”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Needs a face lift”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I went with friends for a massage and pedicure. Massage was OK . However, I learned too late that none of the 3 massages were performed by RMTs so nothing could be claimed on my health plan. Admittedly, I should have asked first.
The change rooms and waiting rooms were very worn. The floor in the change room was covered with a hard plastic mesh to prevent slipping, except that it was really uncomfortable under your feet. The change rooms were very cramped and towels and robes were strewn everywhere. The towels were very small. The top of the shampoo and soap dispenser was gone, so the shampoo was almost like water. The conditioner dispenser didn't work. I hate the upsell at the end, trying to sell you some cream that costs a fortune. Not a good facility for anyone with mobility problems. The dressing rooms are in the basement and treatment rooms and pedicaure on the 2nd floor. Lots of stair climbing.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Archivista

Cape Town Central, South Africa
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Served a nice light lunch, and treated like goddess”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I love this spa. When I went I was led to private change room, they give u a rob and sandals and a locker for your belongings. You are next guided into the relaxation lounge where they have tea and coffee and lemon water and cranberry juice. Also they have cold cucumber slices for my eyes so I could lye there and relax before my massage and pedicure. When my time came I was lead to massage it was a RMT and price was normal for Vancouver. I luved it and the lady was great!!!! :) I use the steam room and pool after but before my pedicure.
Ok next I went upstairs to the pedicure area and was able to lye back one plush pillows and order wine as they did my feet. I got the moor mud with a pariffin treatment. The pedicure was long about 1.2hrs. but it had several masks and massages in bewtween.

Nowwwww after all of that I came downstairs to the eating area and was served some chicken salad with cucumber and light oil dressing. I also ordered a side of calamari. I luv this spa and the relaxing time I have. Its best to go mon-thurs fro 11-3 its least busiest then!
Be back Very soon for my chocolate bath!

Visited April 2011
Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Absolute Disaster”
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I made an appointment at the spa for myself for a microdermabrasion treatment and for my nephew for a massage. I booked the day off work and was so looking forward to a much needed break. I was immediately disappointed when we were led into the dingy basement for the grand tour. The change room and locker area are outdated and cheap looking. The relaxation room is at best like a cozy den in one's basement, cetainly not like an upscale spa. The lockers have actual pad locks and I actually broke one of my gel nails trying to lock it. I was trying to make the best of the situation when the esthetician came to tell me that the microdermabrasion machine was at their other location due to an emergency. A microdermabrasion emergency? Really?? She then said I could wait for an undetermined amount of time and the machine may or may not arrive or pick another facial. I declined both options and just decided to just wait for my nephew. The manager then paid me a visit, and in the same condescending manner that I was now getting used to, also tried to convince me to have a facial and seemed irritated that I would not. She finally convinced me to have my gel nail repaired in the nail salon. It's actually hard to believe this story, but the minute I sat down to have the repair, the technician began ripping off my old nail and cut my finger. I sat with a bleeding finger for over 10 minutes while she searched for a bandaid. I left without finishing the repair and declined any further services. When I was paying for my nephew's massage (full price) the women at the desk treated me to a nice speech about how even though I had a bad day it was still a 5 star spa. There are some wonderful spas in Vancouver, this is not one of them.

6 Thank laninvan
Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolute Spa at the Century - Disappointed”
Reviewed July 25, 2009

I wanted to treat my sister-in-law and girlfriend to a relaxing day at the spa. My friend recommended Absolute Spa at the Century Plaza Hotel because she had heard good reviews and that many celebrities are spotted at this spa. I had been to another Absolute Spa location (Hotel Vancouver) and the experience was wonderful... so I took my friend's advice and went to the Century Plaza location. I was so disappointed with the amenities at this spa. The change rooms are far from spa-like and extremely outdated. (My gym actually has a better change room). (I actually had a flashback to my jr highschool gym changeroom). They do not have separate stalls to change and so I went into their very cramped toilet area to change and at the very least they could have had a hook on the door to hang up your clothes. The showers were similar to showers you see at public washrooms with plastic curtains and a shampoo dispenser which felt like really cheap shampoo/conditioner.

I was eager to go into the Eucalyptus steam room (which is shared, not private) and was so disappointed when I could just barely smell the Eucalyptus. The pic of the pool on the website looks great but when you actually go in... it's tiny and extremely outdated.

I did enjoy their eating area (which is the renovated area) and we were treated with a light chicken salad, chocolate dipped strawberries and wine. I have no complaints with the massage and the service.

Overall, if you want the whole experience of a spa... I would not recommend the Century Plaza spa.

1 Thank frecklesVancouver
Vancouver, BC
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Stay Away!! Go to another spa!”
Reviewed April 16, 2009

I wanted to surprise my g/f w/ a couple's massage and let's just say, it's the wost massage of both our lives. I even filed a complaint to the store manager and the president of the company, and it was pretty sad in what their response was...if you want to read the actual emails fired back and forth, please visit my website..
[--]

Please Please Please - don't go...

PS. I went to the YVR (Airport) location as it was one of the newer facilities

5 Thank gohan84