“Skip dessert”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Falafully Good Restaurant
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Description: Rayhan is a perfect place to enjoy Mediterranean cuisine as falafel, shawarma, donair, vegetarian& vegan, and halal food.
Reviewed November 11, 2014

The menu is very Greek/Turkish/Middle Eastern, with the usual items. What distinguishes this place is the combos. In a wrap, they will combine chicken AND lamb; falafel AND lamb; and other choices. So, they are flexible. The food is cooked in front of you, and you can take or leave items like hot sauce (which isn't very spicy) or onions.
I had the lamb pita, which was fine, with a bit of hummus and touch of tabouli salad. A side of tabouli salad which is the heavy in parsley recipe, rather than heavy on couscous or bulgur recipe. I've had both, and it depends which country of origin you came from. It was tangy.
The wrap was fine, but not outstanding.
The baklava for dessert was dry - no honey on it. I'd pass on that.
What is nice is that if you are eating in, there are real china plates with metal cutlery, instead of the plastic everything many small restaurants have. There are 2 booths, window seating and a few tables.

3  Thank susanaquerida

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Amazing chicken wraps bar none!!! Make sure you ask for extra sauce. A nice place to stop for lunch or dinner.

4  Thank WestfaliaJournal
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Friendly staff,clean,.the Food was awesome!
Fresh vegetables , chicken shawarma is the best I ever had.They are Falafel is like a golf ball and smell is just "yam".

2  Thank Flower511
Reviewed February 12, 2014

What a delightful find! We had stopped at the deli across the street and were disappointed with its current offerings since it changed hands. I spotted Falafully Good across the street and am so glad I did! The small storefront shop smelled incredibly wonderful from the moment we walked in. Two separate shawarma stands were rotating, enticing us with beef and chicken options. I had wanted falafal but was lured into a beef shawarma wrap by the vision before me. The wrap was incredibly, filled with beef, veggies, hummus, tabbouli and hot sauce. Truly one of the best I've eaten anywhere.

My partner ordered a samosa and was very happy with the large, veggie filled treat. The hot optional hot sauce is a lovely addition, and they topped it with tabbouli as well, for an interesting fusion experience.

After the meal, I asked if the food were halal or kosher. Everything they serve is halal, and eating meat from animals that were humanely and sustainably raised is always a bonus in my book. I'll be back! Strongly recommend.

3  Thank Nightsinge