“Just OK”

Ranked #627 of 3,845 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went to the Buck Stop for dinner. The Potato Chips, Hushpuppies, & Cornbread were enjoyed by all in the group.
My son had the Venison Burger and said it was probably the best burger he's ever had.
My husband and I each had the Sampler, where you choose 3 meats. Warning this does not come with anything. No Kennebec fries, no coleslaw, nothing.
While the meat was cooked, it was cold. And it's nowhere near the best I've ever had.
So I'd rate this experience Just OK. We probably would never go back.
And if you're claustrophobic this is not the place for you!

2  Thank Hobbitz
There are newer reviews for Buckstop

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in from West ontario to see owner. Great small bbq restaurant. Young staff trying to improve daily. Great selection wine and beer. Fiona knows her wine. Home smoked bbq. Hush puppies best ever had. Bbq sampler a nice change from a huge plate. Enjoy

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Just keeps getting better at Buck Stop! Already confident their BBQ is top notch, I took the risk of trying Shrimp and Grits during my last visit. As a native of Charleston, South Carolina, the birthplace of shrimp and grits, I knew it was a risky proposition to expect authenticity on this particular dish....but they nailed it! Shrimp perfectly cooked and seasoned and grits with cheddar cheese that my grandmother would have envied! Only thing that could have made it better would have been shrimp form the tidal creeks of the lowcountry! I applaud Buck Stop for continuing to exceed my expectations every time I visit! I should also mention that service is always great, great bartender!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Taking my highly carnivorous soulmate on a tour of BBQ joints in Vancouver, we just had to try Buck Stop. It was amazing! Generously flowing beer from a full bar! Massive selection of BBQed beasts! Friendly and efficient service! Even a few menu choices for someone not that into meat (I know, sacrilege!) Everything seems to be made from scratch, which of course makes it even better. Don't think about it, just do it!!

5  Thank Tych0Brahe
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We read all the reviews on the few BBQ restaurants in town and settled on this one. Not much to look at but most BBQ places are like that real simple. But they have a full bar and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Service was excellent. We ordered a starter of Hush Puppies and Corn Bread which was excellent. We all had either beef ribs or pork ribs which is accompanied by small servings of cole slaw and beans. Everything was delicious, very tasty and tender. They prepare their own BBQ sauce which is also very good.

9  Thank ultrapilot