“So good”

GoodWolfe Kitchen+Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We tried this place out based in the reviews, even though I was a bit wary that there were few of them. But we were not disappointed disappointed! My husband tried their dine in menu, which was very good. It was a three course menu where the favorite was the steak tataki app. I had the coq a Vin, which was recommended by a previous reviewer, and it was the absolute highlight. As good as my husband's meal was, we both ended up sharing mine! We brought two young kids (3 yrs and 8 months) and we felt welcome. It certainly isn't chuck e cheese, but they accommodated us just fine. Overall, it was a great meal at a decent price for the great quality.

There are newer reviews for GoodWolfe Kitchen+Bar

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Three of us went for dinner last night. We were not disappointed. It is a great neighbourhood bistro. Good food, good service, comfortable atmosphere -no pretense of fine dining - a great local hangout. The special was bison & elk stew which was great. The steelhead sharwma and the steak were both really good. No complaints. The staff and owner were all very friendly, warm and welcoming. I think the most expensive main course was $24 (steak). We would go back.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Great spot in Yaletown. Had dinner with my wife here on a Saturday night, we had a 9pm reservation and the place was still completely full but our table was ready. Very knowledgeable & excellent service. Great easy to decide menu and reasonably priced. If not already, this will be the new "hot spot" in Yaletown. Looking forward to going back soon and trying some other menu items.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This place feels like a very, very good neighbourhood bistro, and it is. No pretense, just very knowledgeable staff, great wine and cocktail list and a short and sweet menu, which is great because I do not like to spend my first moments in a restaurant diving into a menu pages long...give me choices that reflect a nice balance of mains, appies and properly paired wines.

GoodWolfe does both and much more. The feel is genuine and casual...nothing about it reminded me of replicated corporate restaurant experience, which is refreshing when so much these days smacks of study groups and marketing companies designing everything from wine lists to what the servers must wear and say, and make sure the consumers on table 20 are out the door in time for us to reach our maximum daily revenue goals...sorry for the rant, but tired of that restaurant experience.

This is the 180 degree opposite. The food was exceptional. All 4 of us raved about our respective dishes...the risotto was divine and the coq au vin a revelation. The wine list was nicely crafted, and the cocktail list inventive for sure. We sat at a nice corner table and enjoyed some 'people watching,' with the folks at the intimate little bar enjoying themselves, bantering with the servers, bartender and each other.

Overall, I'll be back to enjoy the atmosphere, it was priced fairly and the food/wine and cocktails were exceptional. Nice job to the folks who made this happen..a really nice addition for the Yaletown nieghbourhood.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I went there for lunch yesterday and there were only two tables with customer. The waitress mentioned that the owner went to Texas to learn about the BBQ beef brisket. It is a typical neighborhood style eatery and I really can't think of anything to recommend it. For the same price, I would rather to eat in Cactus Club or Earles. Parking is very expensive in Yaletown, $2.00/for 1/2 hour and very difficult to find a spot.