“A great place to come in from the cold!”
Review of GoodWolfe Kitchen+Bar - CLOSED

GoodWolfe Kitchen+Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
West Vancouver, Canada
“A great place to come in from the cold!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were downtown for the day and had heard good things about this restaurant. We were not disappointed. We were warmly greeted when came in on a chilly evening. The staff have a great attitude. It played out all evening long. We were shown to our table and had fun reading the commentary on the blackboard wall.

The menu is short, but there was a good mix of choices including clearly marked gluten free. The calamari and scallop appetizers were excellent. Great spicing and flavours. Salmon "Shwarma" and Beef Cheeks on country risotto were the mains and they also were wonderfully done and the plate presentation was particularly good for the Shwarma - no bread on this plate. The side of spicy greens were really good! The server was very knowledgeable and happy to share his knowledge of the ingredients for our dishes. A very good selection of drinks, wines and beers. The wines and beers had many items that I'd not come across before. Many wines can be ordered by the glass.

The atmosphere was quite energy filled. This is a great place for a casual dining alternative to the restaurant chains or to go for a drink! Two appetizers, two mains, one side, two glasses of wine came to $100 with tax.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Musiclovermax

“Yaletown's new best”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Amazing atmosphere, really personable staff, high quality fresh food everything looks to be made in house, good portions and best eggs Benny anywhere. I will be coming back again and again.

1 Thank Jessie G
Franschhoek
“Great Bar and Restaurant”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was a great find in Vancouver. The owner, Richard Good, is supremely knowledgeable about all things wine and food and shares this with his guests in an easy way. The food is excellent. Simple and fresh. Fantastic Calamari and Rib Eye Steak. Atmosphere hots up as the night gets underway.

• Visited November 2013
Surrey, Canada
“Gluten-free Heaven in Yaletown”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I love everything about Good Wolfe. Great room, great service, and great food. I appreciate the fact that the menu is clearly marked with gluten-free options, and the servers are very knowledgeable in GF eating. We started with some memorable cocktails (especially the one with bourbon and walnut bitters) and picked wine from a strong local wine list. I had the shaved vegetable salad (good) and the Braised Beef Cheek (unbelievably good). My dining partner had the crab cakes, which I couldn't sample as they contained gluten, but he assured me they were perhaps the best he had tasted. The menu is full of comfort food, and every time I am in need of comfort, this is where I will eat!

• Visited October 2013
Abbotsford, Canada
“Checks all the boxes ”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place to dine by myself and this place was perfect. I sat at the bar and the bartender was very attentive and offered a cocktail which was excellent.
I didn't want a big meal so I settled on the charcuterie plate and a Caesar salad. All the ingredients (incl croutons) are all made in house and were exemplary!
I would return for a business dinner, or on a date.
Well done!!