“Great Bar and Restaurant”
Review of GoodWolfe Kitchen+Bar - CLOSED

GoodWolfe Kitchen+Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was a great find in Vancouver. The owner, Richard Good, is supremely knowledgeable about all things wine and food and shares this with his guests in an easy way. The food is excellent. Simple and fresh. Fantastic Calamari and Rib Eye Steak. Atmosphere hots up as the night gets underway.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I love everything about Good Wolfe. Great room, great service, and great food. I appreciate the fact that the menu is clearly marked with gluten-free options, and the servers are very knowledgeable in GF eating. We started with some memorable cocktails (especially the one with bourbon and walnut bitters) and picked wine from a strong local wine list. I had the shaved vegetable salad (good) and the Braised Beef Cheek (unbelievably good). My dining partner had the crab cakes, which I couldn't sample as they contained gluten, but he assured me they were perhaps the best he had tasted. The menu is full of comfort food, and every time I am in need of comfort, this is where I will eat!

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place to dine by myself and this place was perfect. I sat at the bar and the bartender was very attentive and offered a cocktail which was excellent.
I didn't want a big meal so I settled on the charcuterie plate and a Caesar salad. All the ingredients (incl croutons) are all made in house and were exemplary!
I would return for a business dinner, or on a date.
Well done!!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Probably.Sublime food and service.Most entrees around $20.Ridiculous value.Why go anywhere else?The Coq Au Vin is unbelievable and the daily specials are usually quite inspired.I did a quick brunch on a Sunday and they were doing a croissant french toast with a maple/blueberry compote which blew me away.Small,but great wine list as well.

1  Thank badactor0
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Awesome food and service. Great drinks, well-chosen wine list. Try the sweetbreads, smoked steelhead- both incredible.