“Gluten-free Heaven in Yaletown”
Review of GoodWolfe Kitchen+Bar - CLOSED

GoodWolfe Kitchen+Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I love everything about Good Wolfe. Great room, great service, and great food. I appreciate the fact that the menu is clearly marked with gluten-free options, and the servers are very knowledgeable in GF eating. We started with some memorable cocktails (especially the one with bourbon and walnut bitters) and picked wine from a strong local wine list. I had the shaved vegetable salad (good) and the Braised Beef Cheek (unbelievably good). My dining partner had the crab cakes, which I couldn't sample as they contained gluten, but he assured me they were perhaps the best he had tasted. The menu is full of comfort food, and every time I am in need of comfort, this is where I will eat!

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place to dine by myself and this place was perfect. I sat at the bar and the bartender was very attentive and offered a cocktail which was excellent.
I didn't want a big meal so I settled on the charcuterie plate and a Caesar salad. All the ingredients (incl croutons) are all made in house and were exemplary!
I would return for a business dinner, or on a date.
Well done!!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Probably.Sublime food and service.Most entrees around $20.Ridiculous value.Why go anywhere else?The Coq Au Vin is unbelievable and the daily specials are usually quite inspired.I did a quick brunch on a Sunday and they were doing a croissant french toast with a maple/blueberry compote which blew me away.Small,but great wine list as well.

1  Thank badactor0
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Awesome food and service. Great drinks, well-chosen wine list. Try the sweetbreads, smoked steelhead- both incredible.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Love the inspired food, the warm people, the inventive cocktails, the convivial room! Eight of us visited recently on a warm summer evening. We gathered first at the bar until the rest of our party arrived. Cocktails are very serious business here - definitely ask about the house favourites....and pay attention to the mixology! Dinner moved out to the patio where we started with the wine list - lots of great choices. We tried many items on the menu - outstanding for me in the appys was the steelhead pastrami, exquisite scallop crudo, and an ethereal shaved root vegetable salad. Highlights of our mains: house baked rustic bread(!), the rarely seen and so flavourful bavette cut of steak with tiny vegetables, a standard bearing coq au vin with dreamy spaetzle and the fresh made seafood pasta. Service is warm and intelligent. The owners have really created something magical!