“Checks all the boxes ”

GoodWolfe Kitchen+Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place to dine by myself and this place was perfect. I sat at the bar and the bartender was very attentive and offered a cocktail which was excellent.
I didn't want a big meal so I settled on the charcuterie plate and a Caesar salad. All the ingredients (incl croutons) are all made in house and were exemplary!
I would return for a business dinner, or on a date.
Well done!!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Probably.Sublime food and service.Most entrees around $20.Ridiculous value.Why go anywhere else?The Coq Au Vin is unbelievable and the daily specials are usually quite inspired.I did a quick brunch on a Sunday and they were doing a croissant french toast with a maple/blueberry compote which blew me away.Small,but great wine list as well.

1  Thank badactor0
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Awesome food and service. Great drinks, well-chosen wine list. Try the sweetbreads, smoked steelhead- both incredible.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Love the inspired food, the warm people, the inventive cocktails, the convivial room! Eight of us visited recently on a warm summer evening. We gathered first at the bar until the rest of our party arrived. Cocktails are very serious business here - definitely ask about the house favourites....and pay attention to the mixology! Dinner moved out to the patio where we started with the wine list - lots of great choices. We tried many items on the menu - outstanding for me in the appys was the steelhead pastrami, exquisite scallop crudo, and an ethereal shaved root vegetable salad. Highlights of our mains: house baked rustic bread(!), the rarely seen and so flavourful bavette cut of steak with tiny vegetables, a standard bearing coq au vin with dreamy spaetzle and the fresh made seafood pasta. Service is warm and intelligent. The owners have really created something magical!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant by chance while looking for another place. All I can say is I'm glad we didn't find the place we were looking for.

The service was exceptionally good; our server made sure we had everything to make our experience wonderful and also recommending some really good options since everything stuck out on the menu. The pasta was made in house and very delicious, also the ratatouille lasagna had lots of flavour with plenty of veggies. I love that there is spatzle on the menu. It's not something you normally see unless I'v been going to the wrong places, but it's just as good as I remember having in Germany. The wine list is not extensive but has the right selection to make your decision quite easy. Not to mention there are a lot of good selections. The best part about all this is the price point is surprisingly low. I'm definitely not complaining but we didn't spend a whole lot for what we ordered. That I can be happy about. We will be back!