“great food & great service”

The Flying Pig Gastown
Ranked #92 of 3,994 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gastown
Description: We refer to our restaurant as a "nouveau Canadian Bistro"... Offering a simple, seasonally inspired menu with fresh, local ingredients at a great value. Our open concept kitchen brings the Chef to your table, delivering a memorable overall dining experience.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I sat at the bar for drinks and dinner and made a whole dinner out of the delicious sides! they were generous portions for the price and the bartender who served us could not have been nicer! great place!

1  Thank E E
Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Recently, I have been here several times for dinner. It is just a few blocks away from my place. I normally sit at the bar and enjoy their wild salmon dish with a glass of wine or draft beer. The place has a great urban ambience and feel to it ,and friendly service. The menu focuses to a variety of palates and tastes, and it changes regularly.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Called in having given up on our first choice (too long to stand in line). The flying pig is a pub that opens at 10am and serves brunch, Canadian style. Very reasonably priced, the food was ok but not great. When they state 'bacon', they mean ham. Sausages tasted as though they were boiled rather than grilled. The scrambled eggs and sourdough was, however, very good.

Given that we were pressed for time and had limited options, we were glad to find this place and get in before the hordes of wandering tourists in Gastown also realised the place was open!

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

During a business trip to Vancouver a coworker recommended The Flying Pig. My first thought was I hope I can find some meat-free items on the menu. I looked at their website for 30 seconds and it appeared like I would be good. Well my tastebuds were excited to see so many vegeterian options and really awesome unusual choices, that I had too many things I wanted to try. Order their sides and share. Cremini mushrooms, brussel sprouts and their gnocchi are enough to make a meal. The red wine selections superceeded my expectations. Sit on the second floor if you can, it's less noisy.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were walking in gastown area and saw a sandwich board up saying they had a happy hour I think from 3-5. Wine was $4 an the food was great. Get the flat iron steak for $5! It gives a fairly decent piece of meat and shoestring potatoes. It was enough that it was our dinner for the night!