“Delicious and nutritious”

Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #1,054 of 4,065 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighborhood: West End
Description: We make and sell tasty Mediterranean food. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free and Hallal Dishes. The store has been around for a long time but has recently taken over by the new management to improve on its customer service and food quality.
Reviewed July 27, 2016

3 of us popped in on a quiet Monday night at about 5:30. My friend, who lives a block away, eats here at least once a week and was excited to take us. We all ordered the Chicken Shawarma plate - regular size is $10, large size is $12 and is enough for two people to share (or take some home for later). You get a generous portion of delicious chicken cooked on a rotisserie, your choice of saffron rice with barberries or dill rice, roast potatoes, a cucumber and tomato salad, and 1/2 slice pita bread. It was served hot and tasted delicious. I was immediately planning my next visit there.....perhaps I'll do take-out next time and walk a block and a half to English Bay for dinner with a view....
We drove by 3 hours later, at about 10:30 pm, and there was a line-up out the door! Obviously this place is popular for the evening crowd, so avoid peak hours if you don't want to wait. They have lots of other things to choose from as well - but I recommend the Chicken Schawarma plate.

Reviewed June 26, 2016

I hope the tourists visiting Vancouver read the negative reviews on other sites.

I suspect this business is struggling or will be closed soon. A few similar businesses nearby have also closed. This place is at a great location by the beach. There's a lot of foot traffic in the area and competition. Lacklustre service will bring your business to an end quickly.

Aside from the service being lacking, the food is heavily saturated in oil. This even includes rice. How could you drench rice in oil? The chicken sharma is completely gross. The chicken very tough and very salty. MG's prices are slightly more expensive then it's competing neighbor, Babylon Cafe.

In terms of the order, the owner or manager did not get the order correct. The receipt given is not itemized. I always worry when a business asks me if I want my receipt. Of course I do. After I brought the order to the food server's attention, they kept the receipt. Always follow-up and ensure that your credit card is charged correctly.

The establishment supposedly has a washroom. If they do, the door is always locked.

I do not recommend this place at all. I suggest avoiding it. You should consider other Mediterranean restaurants in the area including Olympia and Babylon.However, the latter isn't much better. They do not have any restroom. It's tiny. As such, I personally wouldn't go Babylon either.

Reviewed April 26, 2016

Mmm, mmm good! That's what we thought of the Chicken Shawarma at the little grill on Denman so close to Stanley Park. After enjoying a sunny walk along Beach Street it was time for a quick dinner. The lovely scents of Mediterranean food couldn't be passed up. Both of us ordered the spicy Chicken Shawarma with pita bread and a small salad. The piping hot rice was moist, so light and fluffy. Eating on the street with the late evening sun at our backs made good memories of our holiday in Vancouver. Thanks Mediterranean Grill.

Reviewed April 9, 2016

We had the Chicken Shawarma plate. The rice was very moist and aromatic. Even though the place was very small with limited seating, a lot of people would buy take out or sit on the outside chairs. They have both Greek and Persian style menu. the chicken was well marinated too. My 2 year old daughter loved the rice.

Reviewed March 9, 2016

I've read a lot of bad reviews about this place but my boyfriend has not stopped talking about this little blue Mediterranean Grill when we lived on the East coast and now that we are out here, it had to be tried.

I tried nothing but the Chicken Shawarma and Pistachio Baklava so I cannot speak to anything else but OH. MY. GOD. I don't know what they put in their chicken and rice but it must be some type of addictive ingredient because it was delicious.