“Amazing Food!! Don't miss this place!”
Review of Tuc Craft Kitchen

Tuc Craft Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuc Craft Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 3,948 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gastown
Description: Tuc is a gathering place that feels like it has always been here. Our focus is to create food for feasting by crafting irresistible dishes with exceptional, fresh, local ingredients. We have focused our beverages on classic cocktails fashioned from the best quality ingredients, local beers, and a wine list of hard to find, yet affordable bottles.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Four of us ate at Tuc last night after walking by and recognizing the name from a Scout magazine article. It was busy but we were sat and served drinks immediately at the bar while we waited for a table. The drinks were delicious. The menu is full of surprisingly reasonably priced items. Some apps for $3!

We got a table not too longer after and received our food. We sampled a bit of everything, radish salad, pickled vegetables, parsnip fries, and the EGGS!!!! Oh my goodness. The bacon wrapped egg was ridiculous. Foodgasm good. We ordered more afterward.

Dessert... To die for. We got the caramel popcorn ice cream and the other couple got the donuts with caramel sauce. Couldn't get enough. The owner (I'm assuming it was the owner) stopped by and chatted briefly with us. He was very happy and appreciative to see us come from the North Shore to eat at Tuc.

We would recommend this (and will) to everyone we meet! Best meal we've had out in a long, long time. Forget Water St... walk a block and go to Tuc!

4  Thank HatRez

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Six of us went for dinner at Tuc on Tuesday, June 18, 2013. We were all very impressed by the ambience, by the friendliness and knowledge of our server, by the drink list, by the wine selection (and the choice of wines on tap), and by the menu. While the rest of our group were very satisfied with their selections, my main course was disappointing. I ordered the chicken confit, and it was one of the smallest dinner portions that I can remember having. My appy (3 delicious lamb riblets) was larger and was also tastier. The chicken dinner comprised one drumstick, and a small one at that. It was somewhat overdone and dry, and the little pitcher of consomme did not help. The "biscuit" was the size of a large hailstone. There was, however, a large serving of kale, which was quite delicous. But the meal, as a whole, was unsatisfying and forgettable. Despite my disappointment with my meal, our group had a very pleasant evening and I would likely return, but would definitely try something else.

1  Thank Yaletowner
Colin R, Owner at Tuc Craft Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thanks for the feedback. I am sorry the Chicken Confit was a disappointment, as it should be very moist and tender. I am glad to hear your group enjoyed the rest of your experience and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Tuc just opened over a month ago, and is in line to be one of the trendy restaurants in Gastown. Had dinner there with a friend last night....great ambience, really good tapas style food, and friendly service. the menu is heavily skewed to meats however...not nearly enough seafood or salads, which is where the world is going these days. also, a very limited wine-by-the-glass menu (only 2 reds, both of which are not great). i'd like to give it a 3.5 but can't. when they update their menu and wine list, they will be a solid 4. we really enjoyed our dinner out of the limited choices they had.

1  Thank robuc1
Colin R, Owner at Tuc Craft Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Hi Robbie, thanks for your review and suggestions. We are glad you enjoyed visiting Tuc. The menu will be lightening up for summer, so stay tuned for Chef Roy's new items which are sure to include some more fresh BC seafood and produce! Our wine philosophy is to offer our guests great wines for great prices. We will always only have keg wines by the glass to ensure freshness. The current offerings include two award winning wines from BC - Church and State Chardonnay and Cedar Creek Pinot Noir. Our main focus is wine by the bottle. We pice them very affordably, often at the same price you'd find in a specialty wine store and we are happy to re-cork your bottle so you can take it home to enjoy later. We hope to see you again so you can enjoy some of the new dishes. Stay tuned via Twitter or Facebook for updates.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Like most people who love food and cool new spots to eat, I was amazed by the quality of the food, unique interpretations like no other. The wine list is so affordable it makes you think why have I been putting up with highway robbery all these years. The room is unique with a Parisian bistro feel, service is genuine an friendly, I've been 4 times in 3 weeks and will be back for more. Great addition to Gastown!

2  Thank Sean P
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been twice for lunch with family and friends (gotta have the chicken dip sandwich with parsnip fries) and was floored by the amazing menu, great service and very reasonable prices. A large group of friends are heading back for a 'ladies nite' this saturday to sample the dinner menu (can't wait to try the lamb tagine and check out the wine list:) I am a TUC fan!!