“If only not so "snooty"!”
Review of Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe
Ranked #45 of 3,803 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Toronto
“If only not so "snooty"!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My colleague and I walked in there as they were getting set up for lunch. We had just come from a business meeting and we were very formally dressed. They actually managed to look down on us because we were not quite "Vancouvery" enough and obviously from Toronto?
The pretty good lunch did not mitigate this rather poor first impression.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Highland, Maryland
“Prime Tourist Location, Great Restaurant”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The restaurant is in a prime location with great vistas of the bay. Decor and architecture is beautiful. When we went on a Thursday afternoon the wait was about 30 minutes long. However, it is worth the wait. Cocktails were good. Lettuce wraps were extraordinary. Fish tacos, spiced salmon rice bowl, and spagetti were very tasty. Service is excellent and the nice looking waitresses don't hurt.

United States
“Tourists and Locals Welcome”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

CCC had a great high-end casual feel. Low lighting and the buzz of laughter and conversation made this place seem like a hotspot for trendy people, but I didn't feel awkward in my flip flops (a tad underdressed). The drinks were tasty -- mojitos for me and beer for others. The food was delicious and presented well -- burgers of various sorts. Drinks, food, and service met my expectations for a high-end cafe in a prime location. (The prices matched.) My party and I ate, had great conversation, and the night was a fun-filled one. It was a good time despite the fact that a celebrity committed suicide in the vicinity earlier that day. I'd go back.

Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic food, service, and LOCATION!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

What a classically beautiful Vancouver summer evening. I had my birthday dinner here, and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. We got there early and sat at one of the inside tables. It was right next to the open-to-the-ceiling windows, though, so we were right in the fresh air and had a fantastic view overlooking the float planes, Coal Harbour, Burrard Inlet, and the North Shore mountains. For an appetizer, I recommend the butternut squash ravioli with prawns, and for dinner, try the spaghetti with Kobe meatballs. When a restaurant can cook something simple like spaghetti and add so much flavour in a light sauce, you know they're good. And for dessert, the waiter treated me to my very own dish of whipped cream! This was our second try to get in - the lineups are huge - but it's well worth the wait. It's right on the Jack Poole Plaza by the Olympic flame, so there's lots of room to sit or walk around and enjoy the views while you're waiting.

Houston, Texas
“Great food and atmosphere in Yaletown!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stopped by Cactus Club's Yaletown location on a recent trip to Vancouver. Their patio along with their watermelon margarita made for a perfect combination on a beautiful and sunny summer day! The sangria wasn't bad either! :) The ceviche had a tangy and refreshing twist on tradition and the bandara salad was excellent (staff was nice enough to switch out the chicken for salmon too).