“Cactus Club Cafe,Delicious and surprisingly affordable”
Review of Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe
Ranked #45 of 3,868 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 14, 2013

So my sisters and I were walking near the Olympic torch doing a photo shoot and realized we were starving! Right behind the shot was the Cactus Club Cafe so we thought what the heck we're right here lets give it a try. The place was packed (usually a good sign). we were seated right away and looked after by a friendly and (handsome) young man. We were thirsty as well as hungry so we ordered the Blackberry Spritzer, the single most delicious non alcoholic drink I have ever had! We then ordered from the appie menu Calamarie(best ever in my life not chewy at all)we also ordered the flat bread,(divine tasted like Italy to me)The hot spicy chicken lettuce wraps too were so tasty! In short there was way more than enough food for 3 and all for under $50 with tip included which is already on your bill when you get it. I will go back again for sure and actually can hardly wait til I can!!!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

For a very busy and "happening" place on a Saturday night, I was glad to get a solo seat at the bar. Service was fair, recognizing how busy the bartenders were but prices weren't horrible considering the atmosphere and convenient location. I had the signature sangria ($1 off Sat), butternut sqaush and prawn trio appetizer, and the tuna cone appetizer, which made for a light delicious meal. Both dishes were delicious and fresh. So if you are looking for a good meal near the Convention Center and are by yourself (to avoid the possible 45 min wait), I would highly recommend stopping in here.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Having seen their Chef on the TV in the morning and having walked past the previous evening decided to give them my custom.
Very busy location with customers sitting outside waiting their turn which is always a good sign. As a singleton I was shown straight in to the bar area and decided to sit at the bar.
Very friendly and attentive service, even though I was probably rather more ancient than the other customers. Great atmosphere and it was good to watch the kitchen working at full tilt, I am a retired chef and know what It is like to maintain consistent levels of food service in a demanding environment .
Chose a salmon dish, what else in BC it is awash with them, which was tasty and well presented though to be very picky the sauce was rather overdone ( too much of it).
This was my only free day but would certainly have returned given the chance.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We took our family here for lunch on our arrival into Vancouver. It didn't look like a kiddies place, but our boys were so hungry that we had no option..... There was no kiddies menu, but we ordered mini burgers from the starter menu and chicken strips and he boys (and us ) enjoyed it immensely! The staff were excellent with the kids and when one of the boys knocked over a full glass of wine there was no fuss, the glass was replaced instantly with another full glass of wine....no charge......
Would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went there for a business lunch; we went early as we expected a line-up, so got there at around 11:35am. Already busy. They are trying to make the welcoming/hostess role positive, but it is kind of cumbersome to tell the hostess your seating requirement, then have to wait to talk to the girl behind the desk and repeat your requirement - they should streamline this more effectively.
Got a table outside on the patio, lots of shade, not at the view end, but still good. Kim was a great server, my guest followed her recommendations for both appie and entree and loved both choics - she was friendly and efficient. I had the salad, had it before and loved it as much - I know $16+for a salad sounds steep, but the quality is there and the quantity, so happy to pay. Food is fast, not cheap, but good. All around a good experience - we will be back.