“Great way to get to Downtown Victoria from Downtown Vancouver”

Pacific Coach - Day Tours
Victoria and Butchart Gardens Day Trip from Vancouver
Ranked #70 of 169 Tours in Vancouver
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We used this service to get us from our Hotel in downtown Vancouver to downtown Victoria. It honestly wasnt that much more money maybe $20.00 when compared to doing public transporation. Our issue was that we did not feel comfortable hauling several suitcases with us on public trains and buses. Thus it was a pleasure to be picked up at our hotel on a large modern travel bus that stored our suitcases securely underneath. It took us to the Ferry then on the Ferry (Yes the cost of the Ferry is included). We left the bus and enjoyed the seating/view of the Ferry topside and sailed to Victoria. We returned to the Bus when we arrived in Victoria and it brought us to downtown Victoria Bus Terminal very close to our Hotel. Also a nice treat was free wifi on the bus during our travel.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Don't waste your day taking the PCL to get to your cruise ship from Victoria. Our cruise ended at 7am and we were off the ship by 8:30am. We had to wait until 11:00am to leave and then stopped at the bus terminal for another 25 min wait, and then only caught the 1:00pm ferry! We should have been on the 10am or 11am worst case.

1  Thank Jjssdf
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We booked the tour from Germany and already knew that a lot of time would be consumed by the transfers itself. So I wonder why people complain about that in their reviews. Get the map out and make a time schedule on your own. No way you can have more time on site in a single day.

That made clear what we got from Pacific Coaches was professional service. Puck at our hotel on time 7:30 am. Nice beautiful ride with the ferry, about 110 minutes in Victoria, transfer to Buchart Gardens and 2 h time in the beautiful gardens, then ferry and transfer back to the hotel.

Especially our bus driver from Victoria to the Gardens and the ferry (Paul from Scottia) was pretty friendly.

We enjoyed the tour pretty much and got what we hoped for.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We went on a day trip from Victoria to Vancouver on July 30th, 2014. We were on the bus that left at 7:45am and the employees were rude and we were off to a bad start but thanks to the British couple heading to an Alaska cruise, we were able to laugh about it.

Our driver had white hair with what sounded to me like a Scottish accent. Anytime we asked a question we seemed to annoy him badly and his attitude was downright rude towards us. When we got back on the ferry we had lost our seats closer to the front because we hadn't left anything on the seats and when a lot of people got off at the airport, we wanted to change seats. He didn't wait until we were all seated and left while I was still transferring the luggage above the new seats. It was so insulting! I had to wait for a red light to continue moving the bags. Once I was seated I started to regret sitting in front because he couldn't stop talking about himself while singing "Fly Me to The Moon" in between sentences. The only time he's been nice and smiling was when he got off at the Train Station: he was happy to get off the bus! He should fly to the moon with a one way ticket! :))

I wasn't looking forward to the 5:30 return trip, and it was another man with white hair but he was much nicer, calmer and quiet. I wish I had names. Does the expression "a fish stinks from the head" apply here? I wonder. Something must have happened that morning at the station to get them all so cranky.

The bus on the way to Vancouver was roomy and in the return one we were cramped. It's too bad there aren't that many options in that price range.

The buses were clean and we felt safe but even if the representative I spoke to over the phone was really nice, I would look at my options if I ever wanted to do the same trip because I'd hate having "Frank" as a driver again.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

With no reservation and no cash, the chofer and another person working for Pacific Coach (kind of supervisor), did their best so that my son and I could take the bus from Whistler back to Vancouver. Because of the hour there was no chance to find someone at their office to make the payment with my credit card. They wrote down the info from my credit card, made the charge a few hours later and by the time I was back at the hotel in Vancouver, I already had the receipt in my email. I trusted them completely with no regrets at all.

I’m really sorry I didn’t write their names, but I want to thank them again, and congratulate them for such a professional service. This happened in Whistler, July 24th, the bus departing at 19hr.

Thank you Pacific Coach for making our Whistler adventure to have a happy ending!