“Great day”

Canadian Outback Rafting Co.
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Running half-day, full day and two-day Rafting tours on the rivers of the Sea to Sky corridor. We have convenient starting points from several Vancouver, Whistler and Squamish Hotels. We operate 7 days a week and on weekends we offer morning and afternoon departures.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife, Whitney, and I, spent the day drafting the Elaho River with these guys and had a great day. Very professional and fun guides. We enjoyed the quick English wit of our guide, Clarke. The scenery is unbelievable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)
All reviews
in 10 reviews
"squamish"
in 101 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I am a 20 year old student working in Vancouver for the summer, and decided to try white water rafting for the first time. I had a hard time deciding between rafting at Squamish or Chilliwack and was certainly glad I chose Squamish!

This was the right amount of excitement for a beginner - those that had rafted before also had a awesome time. The scenery is spectacular as you raft along the river between the mountains near Whistler.

The staff were all great. My tour guide, Rick, was a lot of fun and made you feel comfortable. This being my first time rafting, I never felt scared or in danger either.

One of the main reasons I picked this company was because they offered a pickup/drop-off service from Vancouver. It was a little more expensive than taking Greyhound but worth knowing I had a guaranteed on-time ride hassle-free. Nick drove us and everything was on time and smooth.

It is expensive, but definitely still worth the money. Just be prepared for really cold water (6 C)!

1  Thank NanoG88
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Wow -- what a good time. This company has it all figured out. They are super organized, super friendly and super qualified--never felt anything but safe at all times, even in the biggest water. Our family had the best time and our guide Clarky was so knowledgeable about the river, the mountains and the history. He was quite a character and kept us all laughing. We had an awesome time. A must do and well worth the money! We even got a stick with super pics of our experience to take home...better than we could have got with our camera! Do it -- you wont regret it! Catherine/Bruce/Erik/Cole.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Wow is the best way to describe the tour. It was my first time rafting. I was so scared on the way to the starting point. I'd heard some nasty stories about falling out of the raft and what could happen after. You should have seen my face. Anyway, pay attention to the safety talk at the beginning and you'll be okay! There's a bit of practice at the start before you actually go over some rapids so that was really good. Anyway, I would definitely go again just because of the great experience I had with these guys. The guides were so fun and knowledgeable and let us do some cool and funny activities in the raft. They provide snacks and beverages (hot or cold depending on the weather) on the tour as well. Last tip: make sure to use the bathroom before you head out. Peeing in the bushes along a logging road (for a girl) in a wetsuit is not the most fun thing to do.

1  Thank harmonie143
See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Last Saturday we went with a group of 15 Person to do the White Water rafting in the Elaho River. It was a great experience and we can definitely recommend this, if you want to have fun!

Within the group we have had some people with rafting experience and also some, who never did something similar before. You might ask, how does it work out with such a mixed group? If it is fun for the experienced people, is it too challenging for somebody who never did it before? Definitely: No!

If you never did White water rafting before, this is a good spot to learn it. They have an excellent team, that will tell you everything you need to know and will take care, that you enjoy the Rafting. If you did White Water rafting, it is still a very good experience, because of the rapids class 2-4 as well as the stunning nature.

First thing was the introduction to all the Material that is supplied (Wetsuit, helmet, safety vest) and how to wear it. The provided Material was in good condition and they were helping finding the right size for everybody. They have Group Change rooms available, but they do not offer showers in their facilities.
After changing we took the Bus to our Startpoint, which is almost a one hour drive up the valley. It was really nice, as you sometimes got a good view of what to expect, rafting down the river. Arriving at the Startpoint, we unloaded the rafts. They gave us a detailed safety briefing and also controlled that the safety vest was fixed properly. After that, we went onto the rafts and each guide explained a bit more details of the trip and then we started.

The Elaho River has some calm sections where you are able to relax and enjoy the nature. During these Sections we did some games to challenge the sense of balance and we even had one section where we went for a short swim in the river (pretty cold, but ok with the Wetsuit). The rapids were really fun. Going through Rapids of Class 2-4 you can imagine that you will get wet and your raft is going up and down through the waves. Even the ones with rafting experience were truly excited. However there was never a situation where we felt scared or unsafe, it was always at the level of fun and excitement.

Half way down the river we enjoyed a little break at the banks and they provided complimentary energy bars and drinks. At the end of the trip we went back with the Bus to the base and returned our wetsuits. They showed the pictures they took during the trip and you are able to purchase them if you like.

Thanks Canadian Outback team for this trip. It it was a great experience and we all had a blast.

"Team Germany"