“Not bad”

Dining options: Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Vancouver
Cross street: King Edward & Main Street
Transit: There are bus transit stops on Main Street just North of King Edward.
Description: We are an award winning casual family restaurant serving house made soups, salads, flatbread pizzas, pastas & desserts to live for. Our restaurant is nut free and we all of our dishes do have gluten wise options. We are open for brunch, lunch and dinner daily. We are proud to use lots of local produce, Ocean Wise seafood & local free range meats.
Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

Average food. Servers seemed uninterested and were not particularly friendly. It was VERY noisy, so don't go if you want to have a decent conversation.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 25, 2019

Be aware that this is really a family restaurant...be prepared to have a lot of noise, lots of little kids, tables very close together, especially on the weekends. So this is not a restaurant for a romantic date night. This is a great restaurant to go with children as they have a play kitchen area and on Sunday and Monday nights, the kids can even make their own pizzas.
The menu offers two homemade soups, a few salads, a few pasta choices, several types of pizza, and four desserts.
I absolutely love their fig and goat cheese salad! It is made with the freshest greens and delicious soft goat cheese. I highly recommend it!
The homemade soups are pretty good, and the pizzas are okay, although the toppings can be a little on the sparse side. The pastas are good and big servings.
The chocolate brownie with ice cream is very rich and yummy, as is the coconut cheesecake. The apple crisp is not our favourite because the oatmeal crust is not always crisp and the oatmeal almost tastes “raw”.
A dinner with no drinks, just an appetizer and entree, will be around $25.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 26, 2018

Service was great. Pizza choices were varied and interesting. Ours was a Farmers Market with lots of different veggies - most interesting mix of flavours I have ever had on a pizza with a great crust. We really liked it. The place was busy with lots of children - I think because they offer pizza making parties.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018

I ordered delivery from here through DoorDash. We had a 13" pizza (half pesto chicken and half sundried tomato), large fig and goat cheese salad ($16.50 for the large size / $8 more), & Shrimp Bruschetta.

We were extremely disappointed paying $65.69 for this takeout meal!

The fig and goat cheese salad had NO figs in it at all. And there was almost no goat cheese at all. Some of the greens were also wilted. Just a sad salad.

The pesto chicken pizza (half of our half & half pizza) had almost NO chicken on it. We had to inspect it carefully to check that we actually ordered the correct CHICKEN pizza.

The best part of the meal was the shrimp bruschetta.

This was an extremely disappointing meal and definitely overpriced! I visited the kits beach location years ago and do no recall being this disappointed by the experience.

Date of visit: September 2018
144Suzanne, Owner at Rocky Mountain Flatbread Main Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Hi there Marcus

I am sorry your delivery was so disappointing. I would like the opportunity to try again for you. I am happy to deliver a meal to you again personally which is the equivalent of what you ordered. Just personally e mail and I will get it sorted for you suzanne@rockymountainflatbread.ca.

The greens should not have been wilted, if the driver popped them in with the pizzas they have wilted a little. The figs are the base of what the dressing is made of, so there is not fresh figs on the salad. But you should have seen the goat cheese.

Our chicken is a pulled rosemary chicken we do measure how much goes on (in is generous) but it can sometimes hide between the pesto and the cheese.

Thanks Suzanne

Reviewed June 27, 2018

Had a look at the menu online and looked interesting. Had a lot of vege/vegan options for my friends.
Nice relaxed vibe inside. Wood fire oven at back. Friendly hostess.
I ordered the pesto and shrimp pizza to go while the rest ordered the farmers market special and some appetisers.
Order took inordinately long seeing as a wood fire oven is supposed to cook a pizza in 90 seconds or less.
The farmers special tasted good but my own pizza was lifeless and tasteless. What was given were tiny limp shrimp. The pesto which was supposed to bring sharpness and an earthy note just tasted of what lawn clippings would taste like. The artichoke and red onion provided no contrast. Not sure where they get their fresh produce from but definitely needs looking into
$20 worth of disappointment

Date of visit: June 2018
144Suzanne, Owner at Rocky Mountain Flatbread Main Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

I am so sorry you did not enjoy our pesto shrimp flatbread pizza. It is one of our much loved pizzas but it is not for everyone. I would love to offer you a gift certificate to try some of of our other pizzas. If you would like to take me up on our offer please just e mail me on info@rockymountainflatbread.ca with your address and I would be more than pleased to pop it in the post.

I also do acknowledge that on Wednesday evening it was extremely busy and pizzas were taking longer than usual to come from the oven. We all worked as hard as we could to get food out as soon as we could for our Wine Wednesday rush.

We hope you consider trying us again.

All the best Suzanne