“what a surprise !”

Dining options: Breakfast
Port Moody, Canada
“what a surprise !”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This quality of food in this eatery will surprise you, definitely worth going to. The menu is simple but effectively covers most Taco palates, the quality of ingredients is superb ! The decor is very spartan but also effective .... adds to the flavor !

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Courtenay,B.C.
“A must stop whenever in the city”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

A trip to the city wouldn't be complete without a visit to Tacofino. Always fresh and delicious. The fish tacos are our favorites.

Visited September 2013
Canada
“Absolutely the best fish tacos I've ever had!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Friendly service and cute interior in the restaurant. parking can be a challenge. The waitress was really friendly.
The soft fish tacos are small for 6$ each but absolutely worth it as they are so delicious. You will need two to feel full. The best fish tacos I ever had in fact from anywhere in the world. The French fries were good too. Also love their Mexican soft drinks too!

Will definitely be returning time and time again to their restaurant and food truck.

Surrey, Canada
“Tasty food -- excellent value”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've visited this somewhat "hole in the wall" three times now, and this last time I decided I just had to write a review. All three times the service, food, and atmosphere have been excellent. On their starters/share menu I've tried the cauliflower dish and the nachos. Both I would highly recommend. I've tried almost all of the different types of tacos they have, and none of them disappoint. I'd have to say, though, that the tuna tacos are my favourite, followed closely by the fish. They also have some craft beers served in different size bottles to share (12 oz, 32 oz, & 64 oz. The Tofino Brewing Tuff Session Ale is a really good one that goes down easy.

The staff are all very friendly and offer great service.
In terms of value, this place is a home run. Their tacos are all a good size and are only $5-$6 each, and then their appy/share plates are $7-$12. Two of you can dine and get a 32 oz bottle of beer to share and still walk out with only a $35 bill.

Sandy, Utah
“TacoFino food truck rocks the fish taco!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I'm just a tourist from Seattle who loves food trucks. I googled Vancouver's downtown trucks and the bottom line is I had to do my research by eating at TacoFino as I love fish tacos and always searching for the best one. I was not disappointed here! For $5 you get deliciously crunchy fried cod with a spicy slaw and tomato salsa on top with lime and your choice of hot sauce (I chose Siracha). I love that they grill the tortilla so it's lightly toasted with a nice crunch.