TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: South Granville
Neighborhood: South Granville
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I each had a lunch special today, beef with ginger and chicken cashew nut. Both dishes were excellent. The service was fast and friendly and the prices very reasonable. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Barry F
Write a reviewReviews (102)

Reviewed August 16, 2019 via mobile

A group of 19 of us came to Vancouver last Saturday for a week trip. Tonight, our last night in town we finally organize a group takeout meal of Thai food. 11 of the 19 of us ordered (i found Bob Likes Thai) on TripAdvisor first and suggested it). Myself and one other went to pick it up. We immediately upon walking in the door wished we were dining in instead of getting takeout. We were greeted in such a genuine, happy way that we immediately felt welcome. The restaurant was little but had big personality! It was just adorable and inviting as were the staff. I wish I caught the names of the two young women that helped because they really presented the restaurant in such a great light.

Before even trying the food, on the way back to our Airbnb, my friend and I were saying that solely based on the walking in and picking up experience we wished we lived in Vancouver just so we could go back to Bob’s again and again.

Once we got back and figured out who got what, we came to realize just how delicious the food was on top of the already great experience we had. And there was not one complaint about anything!! Not one complaint out of 11 meals! That never happens.

I really hope that the owners read these reviews because I really want them to know how much we appreciated their staff tonight (August 16, 2019) and they really should be acknowledged for above and beyond exceptional service and great food.

For those wondering, I had the pad Thai with prawns. So good. Three others had Thai fried rice, kao pad, more pad Thai with chicken, chicken satay, a Pork dish (I cannot remember which one) and then chicken with cashews. I know I am forgetting another dish. But whatever, you get the gist!

Just so good!! Please go support this great little restaurant! I am so sad that we just discovered it on our last night in town because I definitely would have been a repeat customer this week. If I ever find my way back to Vancouver I will 100% make Bob Likes Thai Food my first meal in town!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

We went on a Thai food hunt one hungry Saturday. We were tired of the usual and really wanted something different. Thai places are far and few in Vancity, and most aren't too great. Thanks to Google reviews, we did the calculations based on reviews by actual local guides and Bob likes Thai came out on top. We like Bob likes Thai too! The space is tiny but with a lively vibe. The cocktails and wines are pretty good. The service very good. The food so delicious! And reasonable prices too. I am a huge fan now. It's great to know I have this place to add to my list. Thank you Bob likes Thai!

1  Thank PTFGlobal
Reviewed July 19, 2019

After hearing years of positive reviews, we finally decided to experience Bob Likes Thai Food for ourselves and were certainly not disappointed to say the least.

The restaurant is a bit of a "hole in the wall" with substandard seating and the like, but serves up truly exceptional and authentic Thai cuisine unlike any other City-wide establishment. There are any number of excellent Thai restaurants in Vancouver, but they all lack in authenticity when compared to Thailand itself always blaming the local lack of appropriate ingredients....

With this said, all of the dishes Bob Likes Thai Food serves up are truly outstanding and delicious with special recommendations for the Miang Kham Appetizer and the Tom Yum Koong Spicy Prawn Soup. The Papaya Salad, Roasted Duck, Ginger Beef and Mango Sticky Rice are all also remarkable and brilliant in their own way. The food is so delicious that the lack of ambiance and comfort is quickly forgotten.

Definitely worthy of many a return visit!

3  Thank Dalecorp
Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

Two thumbs up for fast and fresh. The vibe here is casual, but you can tell everyone had been there once or twice before.
We were interested in trying the restaurant for lunch and noticed a really good variety on the menu, including options for vegetarians and I liked that. The fish cakes are basa fish served with a sweet thai chili sauce that’s chunky, like a chutney with diced red onion and cucumber. Swimming Rama? I think they call the sautéed spinach dish in peanut sauce with deep fried tofu- both of these were so tasty. The service is excellent here, and you can choose from traditional beer or creative cocktails. Would recommend.

1  Thank rawandhonest