“Good food, Good Value”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a good place for a cheap, tasty lunch. Pad Thai for $8. It was fresh and had all the ingredients that it should. Of course, there weren't a lot of prawns, but for $8 I thought it had enough. Service is friendly and efficient. Cramped quarters. You sit close to your neighbours.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I love the name of the restaurant and I was excited to go there, but we were disappointed with the food. The pad thai was was missing a few key ingredients like lime juice, chili, peanuts and tofu. There were hardly any prawns. We also ordered the ginger beef special. The accompanying white rice was not good. They either went with a poor grade of rice or didn't add enough water. What a shame. I really want to give a good rating.

1  Thank DQUON
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Found this on some "best of" lists for Vancouver, BC. I was not disappointed. Started with some fried spring rolls with a sweet chili sauce, next up the green curry (which was recommended by several others on review sites), this was very flavorful, just the right amount of spice (i like a little tingle, but no burn, which means i'm usually a 2 out of 5 at the average thai restaurant), finished off with chicken pad see ew, the noodles were a perfect texture, the flavors worked so well together, we had great service, we were from out of town and needed canadian coins to park on the street, we traded an american dollar with the waitress who pulled out her own coin purse to get us change to park with, the thai iced tea with milk was just the right amount of sweetness without being overwhelming (most places i have to add water to cut the sweetness), also they have coke, coke zero, and diet coke in glass bottles, LIKE!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Bob Likes Thai Food is a great little restaurant on the corner of Granville and Broadway. Small and welcoming environment, always manage to get a table when walking in. The menu is great, leaves me reminiscent of Thailand. The dishes are large and $10-15 each, one each is all you need. Definitely best to go with more people so you can order a bunch and share. If you are new to Thai food the pad thai and massaman curry are safe and tasty bets, though we have yet to try a dish we didn't like at Bob Likes Thai Food. It's the spot go if you're craving Thai, and they do take-way!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Yellow fish curry was a hit for my husband and my beef dish was great. It was a funky place which really impressed my husband and I, the girls were friendly and the food yummy...We will return if we are in the area.