“Delicious Latin brunch!”
Review of El Camino's

El Camino's
Ranked #379 of 3,730 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish, South American, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South Main
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious Latin brunch!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Went here for brunch. One of those "neighbourhood" type restaurants that not many people know about and is more relaxed. Food is delicious if you like Latin American food (try the cornbread jalapeno with corn bread) and staff is great. The place is small (only 3 booths and the rest small tables) but service is fast. I would go here again if in the mood for Latin American fare!

PS: Was once called Latitude.

Visited December 2012

Vancouver, Canada
“Great Latine brunch - unexpected in Vancouver!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

NOTE: this has been RENAMED to El Camino's!

Visited December 2012
Vancouver, BC
“Latitude - Latin American street food that you won't regret!”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I must admit, I was wrongly put off by Latitude. I suppose I thought it was another one of those pretentious restaurants that migrated to Main Street from Yaletown. I have walked past it on my way to other restaurants so many times, until this last time when I actually stopped to look at the menu in the window. I was shocked! It said "Latin American Street Food" which sounds incredible to me and I was ecstatic to see that they serve brunch.

We turned up for brunch feeling slightly anxious not knowing what to expect. We were greeted by two happy servers and seated quickly. The menu is unbelievable. Everything listed makes my mouth water. It was tough to choose, but I ended up picking the Huevos Divorciados with over medium eggs instead of sunny side up ($11). Dave decided on the Chivito ($13) with a side of Venezuelan guacamole ($1.50). I ordered a coffee ($2.35) out of habit but instantly regretted not getting a Jarritos, Mexican grapefruit soda ($3.50) which Dave ordered, and grudgingly (not totally grudgingly! - Dave) shared with me. It's not that the JJ bean coffee they serve isn't amazingly good, it's just that the Jarritos is a perfect match for the brunch at Latitude.

The food was heavenly! My Huevos was better than I could have imagined. It was a unique combination of flavours. It was fresh and slightly spicy-tingly in my mouth. Dave's Chivito was packed with layer upon layer of meaty taste. Both of our dishes came with fabulously seasoned roasted potatoes. The portion size of brunch is perfect! Our plates went back to the kitchen licked clean.

Not only is Latitude's breakfast good for your stomach, it's good for your soul. All the meat is humanely raised, the eggs are free range, and the seafood is sustainable.

This could be the perfect brunch, but I think I will have to revisit Latitude just to make sure.

• Visited March 2012