“3 City Tough Guuys from NYC that had a blast...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lang's Fishing Adventures

Lang's Fishing Adventures
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“3 City Tough Guuys from NYC that had a blast...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

My friends and I are from New York City seeked a guide for Salmon fishing in late Oct. After some research we came across this outfit based in Vancouver. Gave Lang a ring and he was always courteous and prompt in response. Pricing was competitive for the charter. The silly foodie that I was I asked if I could do sashimi of the salmon I may catch that day on the boat and Lang laughed saying that's not a good idea. All salmon should be frozen for a day or two before eating raw. So my excited dream of eatting the freshest salmon sashimi sizzled but on the day of our fishing trip Lang surprized me and brought a appetizer of sashimi sockeye salmon for lunch! This was in addition to his standard lunch offering which was also impressive for $15 a head - hot BBQ short ribs and BBQ fresh salmon as well as cold drinks.
We started at 8:30am and soon after started bringing in chum salmon early. Caught our limits of keeper Chum Salmon before lunch time but did not see any Coho Salmon. Lang then found out from his colleagues that there was a open commercial fishing day for Coho on the river the day before so the commercial boats netted all the Coho leaving none for us. Sad. So after the awesome BBQ lunch we decided to give Sturgeon fishing a try. Using the eggs from the salmon we had for lunch we dropped the lines for Sturgeon. Within minutes we had our first Sturgeon on the line - a smaller one at 3 feet. Minutes after we let that beauty back into the river we caught our 7 foot beast. That was a fun fight for 40mins before she tired out and we were able to bring her on board for some amazing pictures for us city slickers from NYC. After returning this beast into the river we caught our second 6' beast within an hour later! After this baby we called it a day. These 3 "tough New Yorkers" were beat and tired but had a blast.
Lang is the man. We had a great time with a professional guide who offers service, knowledge, and a great lunch! The best guide to fishing on the Fraser River and guide of other things to do in Vancouver! We will definately be back and Lang is the guide we are calling.

For a great time call Lang!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank William F

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Trip of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Thank you for accommodating us so last minute. We had an amazing time with John!
The trip started out horrible as the fog was so thick that it took forever to get to the fishing spot. When we got to the spot, it was still foggy and unsafe to set anchor with barges passing by us. We settled for undesirable locations as they were safest until the fog burns off. Well, the fog didn't burn off until 3 hours later! We give john alot of credit keeping us entertained as he could sense our disappointment by not catching anything. Throughout the 3 hours, John did he could to give us the best opportunity to land a monster given the bad weather. He moved to different locations and changed baits when there was no bite.
When it was near the end of our trip with no fish, John said that he would not leave until we catch something. John kept his promise. Eventually we got our first sturgeon! Boy we were so excited as it was the biggest fish we've ever caught. To John, it was a baby sturgeon at 3.5 feet. We said to ourselves that was awesome and was expecting john to take us back to shore as our 4 hr trip ended a while ago. Nope! John wanted us to stay and catch more. Oh heck yea! We eventually pulled in 6 sturgeons. The biggest was close to 7ft. What a thrill to get to fight a sturgeon. Imagine hanging on to a pull up bar for 15 minutes straight or more, amazing!
For the undecided out there who is considering booking a trip with lang/John, do it! You'll have a great time. They'll bait, cast, set for you or you can do it all yourself.

Thank you for everything!

2 Thank Vinh V
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“3 Generations - Great fun and LOTS of fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I went out with my 9 year old son & Father in Law on a sunny October Sunday with this crew! They handled every detail, made the BEST effort to ensure all ages were envolved AND man did we catch Fish! These guys know their stuff. I would recommend this company for all types of events....impress your clients, host your guests, have fun with friends and family!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Christa C
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Been three years in a row, love fishing with Lang!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I first went on a Salmon fishing trip with Lang 3 summers ago and have been hooked ever since. (Helps that I caught a 45+lbs Spring that year!).

Lang is sociable, knowledgeable and whether you want to fish for Salmon or Sturgeon, he seems to know exactly where to go to get you in the fish.

I highly recommend Lang to anyone that wants a great time on the water!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ryan J
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top bloke, very knowledgeable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Myself and a mate went with Lang to catch Sturgeon a little over a week ago. The river was flowing unseasonably high and fast with lots of trees floating around from all the rain, this made the river difficult to fish.

Lang did a brilliant job handling the boat and putting us in the best spots for the conditions (or safety and for fish). His knowledge of the river and bait selection is unquestionable which lead to us catching good fish in bad conditions.

Most importantly Lang is very friendly and accommodating, a true professional guide and not in any way pretentious.

My only issue is I want to go again!!!

Visited July 2013