“Great little spot!”

Rio Brazillian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Brazillian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,663 of 3,915 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Rio is in a nice area of Vancouver, also it has good service and decent brazilian food.
The lamb and pork dishes are awesome! Chicken hearts awesome as well. Good selection in the buffet. farofa a little dry. toronto had better farofa. but still a must try!

2  Thank Sabrina R

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Excelent brazilian food, good sauce, the black beans, excelent, barbecue, etc., a (very) positive surprise. ...............

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I love Rio! I've been there a lot of times and it never disappoints me. Unlike what a lot of people think, Rio did not use to be 'Samba', that was a completely different Brazilian steakhouse (which, in my opinion, was horrible).

I'm born and raised in Brazil and can definitely say the feijoada they serve on weekends is delicious. The buffet doesn't have all the options you'd get in a Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse) in Brazil but I think they do a very good job given the fact that we are in Canada. I think people expecting a Churrascaria outside of Brazil to be the same as if you were in Brazil is pretty unrealistic.

We usually go to Rio for lunch because I don't like to eat that much at night, and also prices are way cheaper. The meat variety is quite good and the salad buffet is satisfying, plus they sell Guarana Antarctica, which is always nice when you're feeling homesick. I only wish they had Brazilian snacks like coxinha and pao de queijo to buy as a side.

They also sell some Brazilian goods like Passatempo, Goiabada, pao de queijo mix, Bis and a few more things. I highly recommend Rio for anybody who's into Brazilian food or any Brazilians missing home.

1  Thank pahlouzada
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Good restaurant, good service...

Salad bar was extensive with salada de batata, palmito, feijoada, farofa and much more!

The Rodizio was very similar to what we get in Brazil, so it did not disappoint. Costela, picanha, alcatra, coracao de galinha, abacaxi e banana frita.

We were very pleased with the food in particular and will definitely return!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

When I was there for my 26th birthday party before it was called "Sambas" but now, ever since I came back, it seemed like the magic was gone.... the owner was a bit rude, and I found the place seriously over priced and very un-edible. It used to have a special Friday night exotic meat night, but now... I don't think its there anymore, and I REALLY missed the Kangaroo meat I ate on Friday nights! My biggest question is, what the hell happened to that place when it was once called Sambas? I mean, the salad bar is infested with gross fruit flies, and it never happened before on my 26th b-day which was like 5 years ago??? Man.... really disappointing.