“Great food and service”

Ranked #380 of 3,915 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Granville
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went with a few carnivore friends for dinner, and even they were impressed! Service was fast, friendly and honest RE: menu suggestions. Started with the dips share plate - very fresh and tasty spreads esp the chickpea one, and the miso brussel sprouts, which were cooked perfectly. My sprout hating friend even liked them! Our table had the curry (spicy, well flavoured, large portion), the Burger (nice chutney, juicier than a lot of veg burgers out there, and my friend said it was a "perfect brioche" and the eggplant gratin (well cooked, very tasty, surprisingly filling!). For dessert we had the mocha cloud - it was very light , rich but not overpowering. All the flavours of our drinks and food were very clean, balanced and fresh! The only drawbacks to the visit were that they were out of one of the drinks we wanted (the iced tea and blue algae lemonade were very good though and refreshing), and also were out of the beet gnocchi which wasn't mentioned until I tried to order it as my entrée. A bit more pricey, but worth it. very clean, and cool décor. The food had a lot more textures and was a lot more interesting and creative than typical vegetarian restaurants. Will def be back again

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My daughter introduced me to this restaurant and although I am not a vegetarian I don't eat a lot of meat so I enjoy a delicious veggie meal. I had the eggs benny with mushrooms, leeks and spinach with melon and then a yummy scone

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Heirloom was on my list for some time to visit on a trip to Vancouver, and I was happy I did. I had friends and their young son meet me there, the space, service, menu, food and overall experience was great. A little on the pricey side, but probably should be given the location, atmosphere and sophistication of the place. Will be going again on my next trip to Vancouver.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We just had breakfast at the Heirloom this morning. I found it on the Internet and it sounded good. Man, was it ever!

I had the Quinoa Hash (organic quinoa and squash slaw, pumpkin seed pesto, free range eggs, roasted potatoes). My sweetie had the Open-Face Garden Omelette.
Both meals were excellent!! And washed down with a freshly pressed, rich, full-bodied cup of Americano that was the best I've in quite a while..they serve it as their house coffee.

There was so much more on the menu that we lied the looks of that we will HAVE to go back to sample their wares again: I hear the Bennies are outrageously good and they've got a take on Huevos Rancheros that is in my near future,

Our waitress was very friendly and we like the decor and airy, upbeat ambience of the restaurant...they even had good tunes playing!

I highly recommend the Heirloom; apparently, they are now doing brekkies, lunches and suppers...we WILL be back. These are nice people with a really good product!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am not a vegan myself but this restaurant could make me into one. The flavours and taste of the dishes we had were extraordinary by any standard, let alone the fact they are vegan. And it was reassuring that the ingredients were all organic. Even the wine and beer list has organic and no preservative alternatives. The restaurant itself is well organized, airy, and cheerful. I went into my first unisex washroom, which was interesting. I also noticed that just about everyone in the restaurant, which filled up by 6 or so, seemed to have these glowing complexions. I recommend you try this restaurant. It is vastly different and significantly tastier from other vegan places I have tried.