“Splendid!”

Espana
Ranked #107 of 3,732 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: West End
Orlando, Florida
“Splendid!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Referred to Espana by a server in a very upscale restaurant. It's a hole in the wall. Bubbling with activity. We were lucky to get two seats at the bar. Terrific experience. Fast, friendly service. Great tapas. Our favorite was the halibut "special". We'll be back.

Visited April 2013

Vancouver
“Excellent for tapas”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Espana serves great tapas...try both olive starters and the liver pâté crostini. Mains are small, as expected, but excellent. Wine selection is limited but good and prices for both wine and food are very fair.
The room is cozy and and upbeat.

• Visited April 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Excellent, Authentic Tapas”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were very pleased with our meal at España. The menu has an excellent variety of tapas, and the ones we tried were fantastic. Ham croquettes, pork belly, and churros con chocolate just like you'd get in Madrid. Cool location and reasonable prices make it a great find!

• Visited March 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Very good and cool tapas.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My g/f and I went on Thursday night for my birthday. We walked in at approximately 2030 hrs. The restaurant was packed. The staff looked a little overwhelmed. It took a few minutes for anyone to acknowlede us at the door. The only server was busy looking after the 10 tables in the place. The barmaid realized we were standing by the door and greeted us. We sat by the window and waited for a table. The server approached us and apologized for the delay in greeting us, it was nice and considerate of her to do so. We got our table and the fun began.

The service was impeccable. Not a bad word to say about it. Our server was nice, knew the menu and had a mega smile on her face.

We ordered a lot of food. Chick peas, peppers, olives, toast with goat cheese, beet salad, potatoes, soup, sausage, cheese, etc... Everything was very good. It reminded me a bit of Bin 941 in the good old days. If I may, get the soup to start, as the flavors are really light, it will taste way better if ordered early. I tasted the soup between sweet and sour peppers and fried chick peas. It was still good but it would have been better earlier in the meal. Despite ordering all of the above, our bill was just over $50.00 which was awesome.

I was quite surprised with how good everything was. I will definitely go back and I might have a chance to taste the beet salad this time. My g/f liked it so much I didn't get much of it...

• Visited April 2013
Abbotsford, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“classic tapas”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

classic spanish tapas style fare. great service with a intimate setting. wine selection is truly spanish with plenty of choices by the glass. It was a great all around great experience and reasonably priced

• Visited February 2013