“Not impressed with food quality”
Review of Thai Star

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I went here after it first opened for a lunchtime special take out. Things may have improved since then, but I haven't been back so can't be sure. I had a panang curry which was very gelatinous and tasted like peanut butter mixed with thai curry paste. I very rarely throw away food, preferring to save for lunches, etc but half of this went in the garbage. I really wan't impressed with the quality at all. I thought that considering the other Thai restaurants around it wasn't worth returning.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The atmosphere of the restaurant itself is just okaym the place is quite small and there are only a few tables on the patio, but the food (especially the yellow curry and chicken with cashew nuts) is really tasty and decently priced! They also have South East Asian beers (for example Singha and Tiger beer) which is always a fun when going out for thai food! The pad thai isn't my favourite but the curry is now one of our regular take out orders!