“Refused to accept their own coupon”
Review of Ramen Sanpachi - CLOSED

Ramen Sanpachi
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We'd passed Ramen Sanpachi on a handful of occasions and were intrigued by it. We purchased the 2014 Entertainment book a few weeks ago, and armed with their "One complimentary meal with purchase of another," we thought we'd give it a try on a Friday family date night. We use the Entertainment book to find new restaurants to which we'd regularly return, frankly.

As we approached the restaurant, we saw a big handwritten sign stating: "We no longer accept Entertainment book coupons. Sorry." Now, one of my biggest pet peeves is when a restaurant signs up for a coupon and then won't honour it. I seriously doubt that the Entertainment people had forced the restaurant to sign up with them...and we were a few WEEKS into the 18-month contract of the 2014 Entertainment book.

Instead of eating there without a coupon, we left. Good job, Ramen Sanpachi. You may have saved yourselves the cost of the coupon (that YOU created, I might add) last night, but you've also ensured that we won't come back. You've permanently lost the business of our entire family.

There are newer reviews for Ramen Sanpachi

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I really enjoyed the Sanpachi ramen. It was very tasty, like the ramen I ate in Japan.
One server wasn't great.(She was NOT a Japanese.)
There are other real Japanese ramen stores in Vancouver. They have great Japanese staff. They were very POLITE and know the Japanese food and culture too. I think that if you are going to serve Japanese food you need to follow the ways of Japanese culture as well.
I love Sapporo style ramen but Sanpachi ramen should think more about what is great customer service for those who love Japanese ramen. I was disappointed that three of the most popular Ramen dishes were sold out. it is not possible for these simple dishes to be sold out and would never be sold out in Sapporo.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my friend for lunch.
We arrived around 12pm, we had seat.
I ordered cold noodle and my friend ordered Miso ramen.
5 min later my friend got her ramen and she found unknown "string" in her ramen. Waitress told us that's from pork belly.
Anyway, my ramen didn't come for while so my friend finishes her ramen. She had to run so she left and I got my ramen.
That's was far from what they showed on picture and there were different type of egg and no shrimp.
It was my first time try here and I will not come back.
Service and food quality was not up to my expectation.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We ate in the place at least 5 five times during are 3 week stay in Vancouver B.C. The noodles soup are very tasty and priced reasonably. The Korean server was the best of the lot as she spoke pretty good English, too bad she is going back to Korea.

Visit after 8PM as you will get 15% off because of the happy hour promotion.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Food is okay, indeed there are other ramen eateries outbeating Sanpachi. However the service is not acceptable - waitress will ask you for tips no matter you're willing or not and insist there should be 15% of tips on top of the order. My experience is they first ask you whether you have changes for tips and then they will calculate the total of tips and show it to you, make sure they will have 15% of tips before they give you the changes.
Never been to any restaurants in Vancouver that they will "force" you for tip. 15% for greasy and dirty table and just okay food is way too much for me.