“Excellent pizza, salads and ambiance”

Via Tevere Pizzeria
Ranked #142 of 3,778 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Commercial Drive
Neighborhood: Commercial Drive
Vancouver
“Excellent pizza, salads and ambiance”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to eat. One of the best pizzas I've ever eaten. Love the arugula salad. There are no reservations but we left a cell number and they called us when our table was ready (about 45 minutes on early Friday evening). Great fun buzz to the place since it is always busy. You gotta eat here.!

“Awesome Pizzas”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

I love the pizzas from this restaurant. The wait is the worst part of the entire process but once the pizzas touched my lips, I remember why the wait is worth it.

The pizza combinations are good but my all time favourite is still the arugula pizza. I highly recommend guests to pick a meatier pizza as well as the arugula pizza.
I've got to say, every time I visit the pasta is always sold out! So I hope I get to taste the pasta next time.

The pizza is made fresh and the dough is made with specific flour from italy.

Tip: if you are a pizza enthusiast and can make your own pizza at home, you can purchase the Italian flour from the restaurant.

Vancouver, Canada
“Great little Napoli pizzeria not found anywhere else in YVR”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

After having traveled to Italy and enjoyed great pizza, I have grown to appreciate what Via Tevere offers. It tries to mimick the same cozy, high energy of an Italian Pizzeria and offers some great Italian made for wine choices not available elsewhere. I agree it's not the 'best outside Italy' but it sure tries and provides anyone whose missing that dining experience a great 'next best thing' offering.

Love the lineups and the dining experience. They also have a great little food cart roaming the city but if it's your first time head out and enjoy an evening there.

• Visited May 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Meh- Did not live up to the hype”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Via Tevere Pizzeria is average at best. The food is okay, but not worth waiting in line for. The service is painfully slow, and just okay. This place could improve highly with more wait staff. I will not be returning.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank ihearttravelling1982
Belle Mead, NJ
“Good pizza, not great”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I don't understand the raving reviews about the pizza at Via Tevere Pizzeria. It is good (above average), but I would not consider it great pizza.

Maybe my wife and I are spoiled because we live in New Jersey where there is an overabundance of pizzerias. However, we have had pizza throughout North America (New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Washington DC, Houston, Seattle, etc.) and I have traveled to Italy several times. Therefore, I think we have a good basis to compare pizzas.

The ambience is ok, but nothing special - a typical moderately-sized open room with several tables. The wait staff was fine - they did not forget us but they also were not particularly attentive.

Overall, the food is above average and the overall experience was average.

• Visited July 2014