“comfort food with a great view”

Tap & Barrel - Olympic Village
Reserve with OpenTable
Tap & Barrel - Olympic Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #175 of 3,751 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southeast False Creek
Description: The heart of the neighbourhood - celebrating life with the best products that BC has to offer. We serve the province's best selection of local craft beer and premium wines on tap, and our regional food is locally sourced and made from scratch. Our home is your home... welcome to Tap & Barrel!
Vancouver, Canada
“comfort food with a great view”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Burger with chipotle peanut butter and bacon jam with a side of fries topped with burnt marshmallow fluff - this says a lot about Tap and Barrel. Taking well-loved comfort food and giving it a unique twist. Works well too. For that, two points for the creativity, another for their good beer selection and one more for the gorgeous False Creek view from their patio seats.

Visited August 2013

Toronto
“So many beers and wines on tap, so little time!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Went to The Tap & Barrel with my brother for drinks the other night. We didn't eat anything, but the food that came out of the kitchen looked very good.

I'm here to comment on the beer selection and the service staff.

First, there's a beer for anyone, and everyone! Such an amazing selection. Try the samplers. Simply amazing.

Second, the service. All the staff were VERY friendly, helpful, and attentive. And it was a busy friday night. Never felt ignored, and there was a smile to be had by everyone.

No complaints here at all. Thanks for a great night!!

Vancouver, Canada
“I'd give it another chance”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Arrived and was seated immediately by a friendly hostess who led us to the upstairs outdoor patio – wow, what an amazing view!

Our waitress arrives and hands us our menus without a word. Oh-kaaay…she comes back with water and takes our order, very ‘blah’, no smile, no energy, no personality. I can’t tell if it’s because I’m 7 months pregnant and neither my hubby and I are drinking, but that’s pretty much the last we see of her until our bill arrives.

Another person brought our meal (oh wait, she did come and ask if everything looked ok, right after we received our food), which consisted of an order of Poutine and a Clubhouse Burger. The poutine was great – the red wine gravy made it; really tasty! The clubhouse was good, but said it came with ‘pork belly’ and that’s why I ordered it and it was really just shredded pork on top of the chicken (and not a lot of it), the chicken was good and there was also lettuce, tomato and avocado. It was so slippery, I ended up having to eat it with a fork and knife. The potato bun was probably the tastiest part, super fresh! The burger left me wanting more; maybe I was missing the bacon you get from the usual clubhouse, not sure. It was good, but not great. Next time, I’d try their PB& J Burger, which is a chipotle peanut butter with bacon jam – sounds de-lish! My side salad was tasty with a nice dressing (which was good, because I wasn’t offered a choice of dressing).

Couldn’t get the attention of our waitress again for more water, so ended up drinking hubby’s, then we got the bill and left. I’d go back and give it another shot, the food we saw around us…pizza and wings, peanut butter pie, all looked really good and you honestly can’t go wrong with that view – it’s almost perfect. Plus, the place is two storey's, so you're likely to get a good spot.

Kelowna, British Columbia
“Lunch on the water.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had lunch on the upstairs patio. Because none of us were very hungry we had appies. I had an excellent seafood chowder and Mike & Meghan had fries and chicken wings.We had both yam fries and regular fries. Both were crispy and the chicken wings were quite spicy without overpowering the flavour of the chicken. We each had a different beverage with Mike and Meghan sampling a couple of the many craft beers available.

1 Thank rutheo1
“Very poor service”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We were asked to wait for a table while there were many free tables. Eventually they took us to a table that was in the sun. there were two other free tables within sight that had shade. We asked to sit at one of those and they said it is against their policy to change tables! After we sat, no one came to ask for our order. We had no choice but to get up and leave, hungry and annoyed. There were four hosts at the door making sure that there was always a visible line. But then there were not enough servers inside! They need a major management change.The location is superb, so it has the potential.

Visited August 2013